F-Trip

jumb5150

So Last week I filled up and I could only get it to almost full which is the second to the last bar. I rode about 60 then the "E" symbol flashed and I saw the F-trip rather than the regular odometer. I pressed select and cylce through trip A , B , and ODO. I couldn't find the F-Trip again. Any thoughts? and whats up with having only 60 till the epmty light starts flashing? I never went over 6k RPM since its still during its engine break in. The MPG seems wrong.

hypo

F-Trip is just a pain in the neck reminder to really just let you know you're more than halfway through your tank. I run regular gas, stock exhaust, stock air, and no fuel commander and I know that I got at least 190 if not 210 miles on a tank and I'm gonna run that girl until at least 175 before I fill up on the trip meter. I never put stock in idiot lights when it comes to fuel consumption.

FZ8.UK

Wow

Hey up C.C.

I like that mileage, mine got 125miles when using the bikes gauge,

We are of to Europe next year, before i go i intend to carry a can with a gallon of fuel, in it and then run the tank empty to check the range,

cannot b running out of gas when u dont speak the lingo,

Ride safe

Speedo007

Yeah often I think it's completely dry at 250km (155miles) I fill the tank and realize there was still 3L left in the tank (good for another 50km) 30+ miles...I like that the bike warns you but really what it should do is simply tell you the milleage left in the tank while going at your current speed/rpm and then when you have like 50km it starts flashing to let you know you better have a gas station ahead.

I mean with all the electronic they have on these bikes, how hard is it to have it calculate the actual gaz you have left instead of very vague bars. In fact I think I prefer the old version to the vague bars and f-trip, where the engine would start to shut off, you'd turn the reserve switch and then you'd know exactly how much fuel you had left :)