Exhaust: wich one?

Ignacio-Arg

Hi! I'm Ignacio from Argentina. I just got a Fz8 a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm looking for an exhaust, so I was wondering: wich one do you have on you bike, and why?

1. Yoshimura
2. Akrapovic
3. Vance & Hines
4. Two Brothers

Thanks!

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I have the v&h cs one, I liked the looks, price was right and it sounds good

Choose what you like, I dont think you can wrong with any of those.

Ezepel

Hola Ignacio, vivo en Montevideo y hace 1 semana compré una FZ8, todavía nos estamos haciendo amigos pero en un futuro me gustaría ponerle un escape, cuando te decidas contame por cuál y resultados...suerte!

sinclap2

Lazy
Hi Ignacio

I was looking at all the expensive exhaust slip-ons then found the danmoto slip ons (pretty sure it was downhomeMoto's post that pointed me towards them)
Danmoto Motorcycle Racing Parts & Accessories

They're made in china, but the quality is pretty good, especially for the price. I got my carbon GP for around $150US delivered to Australia.

I like the sound and look of it. Very easy o install. oh one thing they do is they have an over run exhaust "pop", that isn't to everyone's liking. I like it :)

Lotta info here on them:
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/389-danmoto-gr-carbon-slip-installed-w-videos.html

Bang-for-buck they're pretty good, even if u just want to give it a try you're not going to lose too much. That is my :2cents:

Link to pics of my bike:
http://www.779cc.org/forum/members/sinclap2-albums-bike.html

Last edited:

N8 Dub

Jardine RT5

I have the Jardine RT5. I think it looks pretty good, and all i get are complements when I drive around town. It is pretty loud though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATUsfVsx28&feature=g-upl]2011 Yamaha FZ8 with Jardine RT5 Exhaust, GoPro Hero2 HD - YouTube[/ame]

Ignacio-Arg

Hola Ignacio, vivo en Montevideo y hace 1 semana compré una FZ8, todavía nos estamos haciendo amigos pero en un futuro me gustaría ponerle un escape, cuando te decidas contame por cuál y resultados...suerte!

Hola Ezepel. Felicitaciones por la compra, yo tengo mo fz desde hace casi 20 dias ya y la verdad es que estoy muy contento y satisfecho. Poste aca ni bien me decida. Hasta ahora el que mas me gusta es el yoshimura

Sinclap2 thanks for the links man. And congrats on your blue bike. Unsusual color arround here (Argentina)

N8_Dub thanks for the video. Nice sound! :)

BLAZEX09

Commuter
You should look into the Danmoto stuff as well I had the round carbon can on my R6, good quality, and sound, plus the price is i think lower than the manufacturers you listed.

Danmoto

I think better prices can be found on eBay. I got mine for $130 shipped.

W

WARPTH

I also have danmoto pipe on mine, if you want pics go into my garage

Ignacio-Arg

Thanks WARPTH!. I think I will be choosing the Yoshimura or Akrapovic exhaust. Danmoto has a very interesting price, but I think it's too racing 4 me

Jwood9

Just thought id give my input. I ordered the Vance and Hines CSone about 2 months ago and it had been backordered until today!!!
I put it on in about 30 mins and let me say she purrs. I haven't figured out the flat spot and power difference but this bike roars. And it does pop when you let off the throttle but i personally like it. If this is still an option for you its a great exhaust. I will be posting pics and hopefully a sound clip on youtube... ill keep you updated.