Exhaust painting

OdinSon

Has anyone else painted their exhaust headers? Long term longevity? Any issues?

I just did mine tonight, used Rustoleum 2000 degree stuff. I taped up all the openings and gave it several coats. Used nearly the whole can. I followed the instructions (sort of) and turned the bike on and let it idle for a while, let it cool down, repeat. Went for a short ride afterwards. Looks amazing, very happy I finally stopped being lazy and did it. Super easy too. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.

Also, I have a Two Brothers aluminum slip on that the sticker came off today and while cleaning off the residue decided to try and give the can a brushed aluminum look using very fine steel wool. That also came out great.

OdinSon

I forgot to mention I cleaned the shit out of my headers first. Used WD-40 degreaser, scrubbed, rinsed. Then used a blow to torch and a brass bristle brush to loosen up some asphalt. Then scrubbed it down again using some purple degreaser stuff, rinsed. Then scrubbed and wiped down the whole thing using very fine steel wool and 91% rubbing alcohol.

Squeaky clean.

HeresMyMind

you can pay a powdercoater to ceramic coat them, it will help with some performance and paint them w/e coating color you choose

-B

master paper clip

I also painted mine a few month after getting it and it lasted almost 2 years of riding in all weather conditions minus snow on the ground

OdinSon

OdinSon

I used very fine steel wool and just scrubbed it back and forth. Took a while but definitely beats the shinny in my opinion.

OdinSon

I love my rim tape: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G168F40/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: customTAYLOR Patented High Intensity Grade YELLOW/GOLD Reflective Rim/Wheel Tapes - #1 SAFETY USA TRON Super Decals Stickers Motorcycles Bicycles Cars Trucks Scooters Vans ATVs Fixie Strips Stripes Mopeds Bikes Cycling: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Easy to apply, looks great and has held up well so far.