Exhaust noise

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Since I put the new slip on, I am wondering if it's too loud. and I wonder if I could get a ticket. I personally love it being loud but just wondered if anybody's got a ticket for that or altered exhaust.

Yamacat1000

Here in Fairview, UT there are noise ordinances. Primarily meant for coal haulers using exhaust brakes at night, but im sure ill get stopped by UHP once I get mine. I know a lot of friends in the states with bikes which have been piped and never heard of any of them getting an EPA/Emission ticket. Im sure if your going out of your way to be a boner to the cop he may hit you with one.

Darknite

I have an Akrapovic Slip-on exhaust and have taken out the DB killer, so it's quiet throaty. I've never been pulled over, only complimented by many to include cops on the sound and look of the bike.

In the end I think it depends on where you live and if you do get pulled over for loud exhaust..your approach and attitude with the law enforcement officer.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I've never got a ticket I did'nt deserve. I have not had a ticket in 30 yrs and dont plan on it. now my wife on the other hand...............

C

calscrazy

not an issue in texas!!

high octane i feel your pain on the being married to a woman who drives her car as if she was going wheel to wheel with jenson button!

C

Camo

I'm glad it's not just me that has a wife aspiring to be a formula one driver :rof:
I've not ever heard of anyone in my state being pulled over and fined on account of their exhaust note...Though it's not to say it can't or hasn't happened.

I know when the Moto GP or Superbikes are on down at Phillip Island, the Victorian police will fine people for tail tidy's, excessive noise and 4kmph over the speed limit just to mention a few!
Anything to raise revenue and give us motorcyclists a hard time.
I'm guessing in most parts of the world it will be a case by case type deal with the Police making a judgement call of their own...

Lee_533

I've got a Danmoto slip on and I haven't had any problems. I kept the DB silencer out so it's basically a straight pipe with a little of packing inside. I do get some dirty looks from cops, and they follow me, but as long as I'm not screwing around and riding like a maniac, they just speed by me. And in my town, the cops aren't even allowed to use there sirens in certain neighborhoods.

Sschwar4

I know when the Moto GP or Superbikes are on down at Phillip Island, the Victorian police will fine people for tail tidy's, excessive noise and 4kmph over the speed limit just to mention a few!

Funny, the first time I read this my mind read 4000 mph. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Thanks for the replies. I dont think it will be a proplem. now speeding tickets im really worried about I ride down some posted at 30 mph and i look down and see im doing 50. doing 25-30 is a snails pace

cpatt

Thanks for the replies. I dont think it will be a proplem. now speeding tickets im really worried about I ride down some posted at 30 mph and i look down and see im doing 50. doing 25-30 is a snails pace

yea thats just because your on a bike. im my head 35= 50 anything below 35 i stick to and anything above i do what ever i feel is right at the time... ive been thinking about putting a radar detector on my bike because of my speeding habits