Exhaust build

Ballou91

Hey guys and gals, i am a noob to the site but i am looking for some insight. Currently i am building a slip on exhaust from scratch, and yes i am capable of this i welded aluminum and magnesium aero space parts at my previous job. I had a few simple questions such as; what size baffle do some of your aftermarket exhausts have. What is the diameter of the perforated stainless tubing the exhaust flows through? I am making my slip on much smaller than stock, depending how this turns out i may be creating a dual shorty exhaust system. My father and i have a personal shop with everything needed for fabrication just about. I am open to new ideas, we have a hydrolic tube bender therefore i may try and tackle the dual exhaust challenge when life permits but for now i will stick with the slip on can build.

ryujiwithanr

sorry I cant answer your questions but post pictures and videos when its done...I'd love to see the process and how it turns out! good luck with it!

bikee4

My perfect FZ8 exhaust

Would be a midship with dual shorty mufflers exiting from both sides of the rear tire.:2cents:

Ballou91

Ya i want to split the exhaust where the headers join together and build out to thee left side and the right, my slip on is about half done right now, i will see how that sounds and go from there.

Woody146

Banned
Ya i want to split the exhaust where the headers join together and build out to thee left side and the right, my slip on is about half done right now, i will see how that sounds and go from there.

Oh for suuuure need pics of that brotha!