Exhaust and Tail Light upgrade

Mkvpr

My first upgrades to the bike since I bought it over a year ago. I spent countless hours looking at exhaust and took many of the forums recommendations and finally settled on the Coffman Shorty w/ gold tip. Easy install, and took all of 5 min. Then the more I looked at the rear of my bike, I couldn't stop thinking how stupid that fender looked. So i shopped around and found a rear tail light w/ sequential blinkers to completely eleminate the rear fender. During the day the light is not very bright untill you brake and it flashes 3 times before staying solid. The blinkers are built into the light and flash like a Mustangs turn light, except its yellow. Now I need to find a way for the license plate to stay on with out spending 100+ on a mount. If the community has any answers that would be great.

Attachments

• 20160312_141356[1].jpg
    20160312_141356[1].jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 20160312_141405[1].jpg
    20160312_141405[1].jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 90

Keach

I took a sheet of aluminum that I cut with tin snips and spray painted black. I bent it into basically a bracket and mounted it to the two rear bolts of the stock fender (closer to the front of the bike). I then used led bolt lights from ebay for like 7 bucks and filled the other two holes with the lights and illuminate my plate. I crimped on a bullet connector onto the led wires so the light just plugged into the old registration plate light. Has worked perfect for a couple years now. Whatever you do save your on the 100+ dollar ones and come up with something on your own. Mine cost about 10 bucks and 20 minutes to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikz86ta

Previous owner of my bike bought a R&G fender eliminator. They aren't cheap but bolt up nicely. He then got a integrated tail lamp for it and cut off the R&G's blinker lamp tabs which were no longer needed.
I didn't like the way the fender eliminator tag holder was way at the very back. I felt it took away from the swooped up pointed high tail. So, being the stock 4 bolts which mount the R&G price are symmetrical, I turned it around. Remounted the LED tag lamp, and RE-bent the angle. Now it sits further in. I think it makes the tail look better.
However, I still thinking about getting rid of the R&G, making or buying a generic tag holder and putting it even further towards the rear shock area :)
Bottom line, it's about taste, fab or mod or choke up some coin for a fitted price.

Mkvpr

thank you for the ideas. For now I just took some zip ties and ran them through the previous mounting holes from the tail lights, then bent the plate outwards. Seems to work for now.