Engine "ticking"

diver551

Hey there. Was wondering if anybody seems to have the same issue. I have about 3k on my bike now and over the past 750km or so I've noticed noise coming from the engine. It almost sounds as if a zap strap was flapping in the wind. I can't notice it at higher rpm's as much (probably due to wind) however if I'm floating around 2-5000rpm's I hear the noise. The performance on the bike has not been affected however am unsure if this is natural as the engine gets a little more use, or if this is something I sure be concerned about. Its not loud by any means, but just enough to catch my ear as it wasn't there when I drove it out of the shop. Thanks.

djcecil

or it is the servo for the ais, i always heard mine click click at low rpm, you can unplug and see if that is the cure if the other link is not the culprit (see "smog plates" thread)

Dannyboy

or it is the servo for the ais, i always heard mine click click at low rpm, you can unplug and see if that is the cure if the other link is not the culprit (see "smog plates" thread)

Yep absolutely agree...took me AGES to figure that one out....did the airbox mod while I was sorting the AIS mod and sure enough no more clicking!!