Embarrassing stories!, Spills, Stalls and Mistakes. come share!

HeresMyMind

After reading another member's post about "looking like a noob" at a start bucks, I thought it would be funny to share some embarrassing stories I've been a part of.

1) about 1 month into owning my first bike (2005 yzf600r) I pulled into a parking spot at my local post office, It was on a slight incline and when I put my foot down to stop my knee gave out (ACL surgery rehab in progress). I dumped the bike running at 1mph. I picked it up quickly and turned it off, then looked around to make sure no one saw. laughed out loud and thanked god i bought a cheap frame slider 2 days prior.

2) Learning how to power wheelie, i went into a huge factory parking lot and was practicing 1st gear 6k power wheelies. after awhile i got them around 6-10' off the ground just into 2nd gear. I realized afterwards there were a group of factory workers sitting on the rear dock staring at me during their lunch break. So they must of saw my constantly blipping the throttle and not really getting my tire off the ground at all thinking that I had a weird twitch or something. lol (I no longer go there to practice, I found a new factory lot)

Anyone else got funny stories to share?

-B

Blackfin

Only this: I started my Fazer and let it idle as I wheeled it out of the garage and onto the driveway. The driveway has a slight downhill slope to it but when I put it on the sidestand it seemed stable. I checked it, watched it, glared at it, willed it to move and it didn't budge. After at least 5-seconds of giving it the evil eye, daring it to move, and backing away slowly, I finally satisfied myself it was stable. I turned to get my helmet and when I turned 2-3 seconds later back to the bike it was lying on its left-side.

Penalty: Some scratches on the fairing, a scuff on the frame slider and a bent shifter.

I felt like giving the sidestand a stern talking to but, alas, this one was my fault. I just shouldn't have put in on the stand on that slight downhill slope...

OdinSon

Me and my fiancee started riding together. Sometime last summer we puled into a parking lot together. There was a dip in the pavement where she went to put her foot down and the bike just plopped on top of her. Even though I knew she wasn't in any harm or anything my instincts took over and in a hurry to get to her my brain decided to slowly lower my bike on its side (instead of taking the half second to put the kickstand down. I sent over to her and lifted her bike clean off her (I'm strong but not monstrous or anything). Once she was free I just started laughing at my own stupidity. There was absolutely no damage to my bike, just my pride.

Another time we were riding together and I was about to change lanes, she's behind me so my lane checks take longer to make sure there's time for both us. The car in front of me takes off but then brakes for no reason, none at all. I had just started to switch lanes and I saw the brake lights in my peripheral vision. I tapped the front brake but at such a low speed and a slightly leaning it tossed my off the bike. A frame slider needed to be replaced and some light scratches on the levers, barends, and mirror. The real problem was that I had been in a somewhat nasty lowside accident on my previous bike less than a month and half before. From that accident I managed to have a type 3 shoulder separation- basically I tore all the ligaments that hold my collar bone to my other shoulder bones. That was still healing and being thrown off my bike and landing on my shoulder was about the worst thing that could happen. I was only about a couple miles from home so I rode home mostly one handed and in an incredible amoutn of pain. I got home took the strongest pain killer I had, got an ice pack, and laid in bed for an hour or two before the worst subsided.

I am not a lucky person.