Electrical Fault

Shooia

Anyone come across this problem - put the key in the ignition, turned to the on position. NOTHING. No relays or diagnostics, immobilizer dead, no lights, completely dead. Im thinking my ECU has died??? Any hints before i ring Yamaha - had to leave the bike at the railway station over night with the hope that it is still there when i get back to it today.:mad:

mikefz8

Anyone come across this problem - put the key in the ignition, turned to the on position. NOTHING. No relays or diagnostics, immobilizer dead, no lights, completely dead. Im thinking my ECU has died??? Any hints before i ring Yamaha - had to leave the bike at the railway station over night with the hope that it is still there when i get back to it today.:mad:

Battery terminal may be loose? Or the Battery is completely dead!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Ya, check for voltage at battery first, if it has over 12 volts, start checking main fuse, i doubt it is the ECU if you have no power anywhere.

try1ng

I had the exact same issue last week.
Nothing out of the bike.
It jump started no problem from a power pack so I charged it over night and it's fine since.
It could have been something loose as I checked all the fuses.
very strange 'cause it was totally dead.

G Chase

Pillion
Not a dead ECU. Most likely Loose battery terminal, unplugged ignition switch connector or blown main fuse (50 amp). The main fuse is a standard type available at almost any car parts place for a couple of bucks as opposed to $9 or $10 at a bike shop. Don't ask me how I know.:eek: