Educate me on levers please

ZeeKdaGreeK

Was about to pull the trigger on some ASV levers & I still might, but I was hoping someone could throw some knowledge my way, $300 for some levers is a little expensive to not consider other options. What are some levers you've used and have been happy with or the levers you hate. Any advise is appreciated guys..
Thanx

b-eock

RSC stunt clutch. So smooth and easy to pull. Great quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
Was about to pull the trigger on some ASV levers & I still might, but I was hoping someone could throw some knowledge my way, $300 for some levers is a little expensive to not consider other options. What are some levers you've used and have been happy with or the levers you hate. Any advise is appreciated guys..
Thanx

If they are the newest model and are "unbreakable" but that still seems high...I paid 180 shipped for pazzos( I like the checkering and color) and those are pretty expensive...the crgs are also extremely good..(USA) made and they are selling the older models for cheaper...check out solomoto parts.com or sportbiketrackgear.com those are two pretty good sites...motomummy.com too...300 seems too high...

ZeeKdaGreeK

Thanks guys,
Looking in at things its about $135 for each asv C/5 lever, idk about taxes and shipping so probably close to that $300 mark. CRG has some nice new carbon levers for close to the same price but I'm not really confident in carbon levers. With this being said I'm just curious, I purchased eBay bar end mirrors for $10 and I've been more then happy with them, not worth spending $150 for the CRGS. Are levers in the same category? Should I just get $40 eBay levers or is it a completely different ball game when it comes to levers??

Woody146

Banned
I had cycle gear mirrors....bought crgs...well worth it...and 300$ is still sounding high...you should be able to get BOTH in a set for like 200.......**** ebay..better deals on actual bike sites....anodizing fades extremely quick on the cheaper levers...like within 2 weeks....and construction is not the best...quality is the only way to go in my OPINION....why buy 2 or 3 lower quality products or 1 high quality product...and I know for a fact that the older crg levers are on sale tons of places in all color options...

Keach

I bought these cheapies

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DNY3MU0/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Pair Clutch Brake Levers SBY Short Gold for Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013: Automotive[/ame]

Fit they were perfect and they seem to be of good quality. Maybe they'll fade as Woody mentioned, but I won't know until summer when the bike is out of the garage.

I bought these cheapies

Amazon.com: Pair Clutch Brake Levers SBY Short Gold for Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013: Automotive

Fit they were perfect and they seem to be of good quality. Maybe they'll fade as Woody mentioned, but I won't know until summer when the bike is out of the garage.

I also have the cheapies but from ebay..same ones in red and black. They appear to be great build quality. Ridden them maybe 1500 miles or so with no complaints. I'm typically very skeptical about the cheaper versions but after seeing another review on them i decided to jump in and glad i did. Saved a lot of $$ to put towards something else.

rug_burn

Save your money for a new tires, or whatever, and just cut off the last inch of each lever with a bandsaw, skilsaw, or whatever you got, and round off the end with a file. That's what I got: smooth pulls, almost no time lost, and you can't beat the price (15000 miles on them). Yeah, I understand you want it to look cool, but nothing says cool like form following function, and not letting someone separate you from your cash with unnecessary junk from somewhere far, far away...

tiki

You might want to try the ASV F3 levers, same quality, except theyre about 70-80 a lever instead of 130 per lever. I got the gold shorties as my local dealership for 140 bucks.

pajkrubi

I bought these cheapies

Amazon.com: Pair Clutch Brake Levers SBY Short Gold for Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013: Automotive

I just ordered these EXACT ones except in all black last week. They just shipped today and should be here in a couple weeks. I've seen too many reviews all over the net saying these are exactly like the expensive ones for much les money to spend that much on name brand ones. I'll save my money to put towards a flyscreen, center stand and pipe.

reALIGNed

I just ordered these EXACT ones except in all black last week. They just shipped today and should be here in a couple weeks. I've seen too many reviews all over the net saying these are exactly like the expensive ones for much les money to spend that much on name brand ones. I'll save my money to put towards a flyscreen, center stand and pipe.

Same here, I have the gold coming in two weeks. I was impressed they claim to use T6 billet aluminum.

9 Lives

I got the same ones also, they certainly look and feel like very good quality, only time will tell but I can replace these 4 times for the price of the ASV.