ECU flash

Hi guys, need a lil' advice. I have installed pcv on my 2012 yamaha fz8. Do i have to flash my ecu still or its just unnecessary? Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Gem rod

I thought the idea of installing PC was that it by-passed the ECU in terms of mapping. The ECU is redundant in terms of the engine management.

JAWS2

I just got my FZ8 last week. I had a cruiser before and traded it in tor the FZ8. This is my first non-cruiser bike and I love it. But I have noticed that the throttle kicks in abruptly at first, from the off to on position. Since this is my first sporty bike, not sure if this is normal. Is this just normal for bikes with more power? Or, is this something a power comander would help with? If I just wanted to reflash my ECU, how would I go about doing that? Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

JAWS2

Mikz86ta

Well, the FZ8 is a torque machine. Off the line it's pretty stout. I'd say you get used to it and how to modulate the clutch and throttle.
If you bought it used, check the sprocket teeth count. 16/46 front/rear is stock. But sometimes people modify that for acceleration or speed purposes.
PCV would be more for adding upper RPM power with fuel and timing. I doubt that would affect off-line throttle so much.
Hope this helps

denraf

I just got my FZ8 last week. I had a cruiser before and traded it in tor the FZ8. This is my first non-cruiser bike and I love it. But I have noticed that the throttle kicks in abruptly at first, from the off to on position. Since this is my first sporty bike, not sure if this is normal. Is this just normal for bikes with more power? Or, is this something a power comander would help with? If I just wanted to reflash my ECU, how would I go about doing that? Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

JAWS2

Check also the throttle tube. The stock one is black and often upgraded to the R6 one which is white.
The R6 tube is definitely more direct than the stock one.

JAWS2

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll check the lines and sprocket count. Beyond that, I'll give it some time and get used to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Keach

JAWS2

It's probably a combination of going to a more sport bike oriented bike from a cruiser and the nature of the FZ8. I remember the first bike I got was a yzf600r and prior had only ridden a dirt bike. At first I couldn't keep the Rpms from jumping way up until I got adjusted to the bike.

The ecu flash does smooth things out a bit, but the greatest benefit is eliminating or at least greatly reducing the flat spot around 5k rpm. The r6 throttle tube will probably help a bit more. It makes the throttle a bit more aggressive as it is a shorter turn to WOT, but for some reason many, myself included, felt it reduced the jumpy throttle.

I would recommend turbojoe ecu. You pull the ecu and mail it out to him. There should be a thread with instruction to remove it somewhere on here if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk