ECU Flash/Tune or Bazzaz ZFI Tuner

Rhyno54

I NEED HELP with this, I have a 2011 FZ8 with a K&N air filter and a Two-Brothers slip-on exhaust that's the only performance mods done to the bike, i eventually want to put a set of Akrapovic headers on it but that will come down the road, i want to keep the air box stock to keep the low and mid-range. I want to get the bike tuned but don't know what to do, what's the best route, do I get my ECU flased/tuned or do I go with the Bazzaz zfi fuel tuner, what are the differences between the two, whats gonna get me the best performance for the money. I'm really lost here, is there anything that needs to be done after the fact, is it a plug and play or do i have to get it dyno'd: after confused: cuz there are many companies that flash the ECU like Guhls, TurboJoe Tuned, FT-ECU or ECU unleashed they all offer mail-in service so I don't know who to go with. Wanted to get your guys opinion on the matter and if the ECU flash/tune is the way to go who would be the person or company to go with. Thanks for the feedback on this topic as my head is spinning from all the research i've been doing lol. The bike is mainly used as a wknd fun toy and to cruise around on after i get off work, don't know if that helps as it probably won't see track days for the for seeable future. P.S. the DB killer has been removed from the exhaust, don't know if that helps but decided to let u guys know just in case.

Last edited:

Bagman

The forum seems to really like Guhl`s and TurboJoe. Both, I am sure are very good and TurboJoe would be a bit cheaper. As the biggest bang for the bag when it comes to performance, it really seems to be that the ECU flash is 110% the way to go. Pretty certain that with some mods (like Akra Headers) you`ll need to have the ECU flashed again to maximize gains.

I myself have just a Yosh R77-D slip-on and will likely replace the air filter with a K&N if I ship off the ECU to Guhl`s this winter. The ECU flash is the only performance mod I would be interested in. I don`t consider an air filter or a simple slip-on as a performance mod. From what I read, a Guhl`s flash just makes (even a stock bike) run smoother & quicker without sacrificing every-day usability.

Johnfd3

I agree with Bagman. I have a Yosh R77-D slip-on and a K&N. I had TurboJoe flash the ECU and love it. Only had a short ride in 30 degree temps but can feel the difference. Either flash will make it a new bike IMO. Enjoy!

Umyaya

Yeah that's what i didn't want to lose was the everyday drivability of the bike.

Not sure what you mean by losing the everyday drive ability of the bike? I feel like people continue to ask on the forums about the ecu flash or a fuel adjuster like pc5. Every answer is ecu flash and all the feedback has been positics yet I see many different threads asking. Hit up turbo joe. You both are from Cali.

Jubby

Not sure what you mean by losing the everyday drive ability of the bike? I feel like people continue to ask on the forums about the ecu flash or a fuel adjuster like pc5. Every answer is ecu flash and all the feedback has been positics yet I see many different threads asking. Hit up turbo joe. You both are from Cali.

Crap