E3 diamond fire spark plugs

Bam Bam

Anyone using these plugs.I have been doing alot of research on them and finding nothing but good. Even power gains and better A/F numbers youtube have comparo videos and independant test all good?:idk:

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Don't do it. Okay I can't say that for sure but, I had run them in my car for a bit and for some reason, I was losing power and economy. Now keep in mind I didn't jump to conclusions, I continued running them for a touch thinking it was in my mind on the power and the shite winter fuel on the econ. Still had the issue once late spring had hit so, I plugged it into a real time diagnostic system and, it was missing once every rotation and it was on all cylinders but randomly, no pattern whatsoever. So in my mind it wasn't the plugs, no way, it had to be my ignition so I changed it all. NO DICE. Changed it, plugged it in again and all the same so, I said screw it bought some good ole Delco's and boom, problem solved. Not sure it's the same game on the bike but, I figure it's still an incident to be aware of.

W

WARPTH

Nothing better to use than the good old standard copper non resistor type plugs.

Spyder Eye

I don't think you will get any significant gains from a spark plug changes. More than likely you will make things worse. I would always stick with manufacture suggested product. Nowadays most ignitions systems are designed around the spark plug. Fancy spark plugs offering better A/F, higher horsepower, and better fuel economy sound like snake oil products to me. :2cents:

master paper clip

I've used them on a few vehicle and loved them, noticed a small pick up in power and a few more mpg, I want to get them for the bike just need the funds

Bam Bam

I don't think you will get any significant gains from a spark plug changes. More than likely you will make things worse. I would always stick with manufacture suggested product. Nowadays most ignitions systems are designed around the spark plug. Fancy spark plugs offering better A/F, higher horsepower, and better fuel economy sound like snake oil products to me. :2cents:

the better a/f #s and power are what i found on reviews and dyno videos on the tube by independants.

Bam Bam

Nothing better to use than the good old standard copper non resistor type plugs.

I read a review from a WYOTECH dyno test on a bike same day same dyno 3hp. I cant find anything bad all good even top engine builders tested on dynos and liked them

Spyder Eye

I read a review from a WYOTECH dyno test on a bike same day same dyno 3hp. I cant find anything bad all good even top engine builders tested on dynos and liked them

the better a/f #s and power are what i found on reviews and dyno videos on the tube by independants.

It sounds like you are looking for people to support your reasons to use them and not looking at the issue objectively.

W

WARPTH

A new spark plug when tested against a old plug is always going to better regardless of platnium or diamond tips...

W

WARPTH

It would be like replacing a 10000km old air filter with a k n filter and saying the hp gain was massive. Where if you replaced it with just a new standard air filter the gain would be similar.

Bam Bam

It sounds like you are looking for people to support your reasons to use them and not looking at the issue objectively.

Yea thats it! NO just giving all the facts I have found if you dont have any info than thats fine but I dont buy the stick with oem crap if thats the case why do we all mod!
not looking for support for anthing I already bought them for my zx10 and fz gonna put them in this weekend just asking if anyoine else put had experience with them.

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

I put them in at 9K miles. I was like you, read everything I could find on them, thought what the hell, and tried them. I noticed nothing, but I was mod'n and tuning so much I am not sure anyone could have noticed any difference. I kept them in for about 3 or 4K miles, until I started finding articles on how the tips were breaking apart and pieces falling into the cylinders. I think it was a few mustang and f150 sites I found the most negative reports on them, a few guys had lost their motors because of them. So I went back to the good ole' tried and trusted NGK. Trying to get cheap horsepower is just that, cheap. NGK has manufactured plugs for years, done all the testing and tested against numerous other manufacturers. If the E3 was such a threat to NGK they would have already put out a plug to compete with them. These are just another cheap chinese fad. Get the irridium plugs from NGK and build your engine right. Nothing worse than putting $30 dollar plugs into a 3K dollar enigne and having to replace it a year down the road. Just my two cents man, I have tried them, no drastic improvement and the quality scares me.

DJ

H

Hoover

I put them in at 9K miles. I was like you, read everything I could find on them, thought what the hell, and tried them. I noticed nothing, but I was mod'n and tuning so much I am not sure anyone could have noticed any difference. I kept them in for about 3 or 4K miles, until I started finding articles on how the tips were breaking apart and pieces falling into the cylinders. I think it was a few mustang and f150 sites I found the most negative reports on them, a few guys had lost their motors because of them. So I went back to the good ole' tried and trusted NGK. Trying to get cheap horsepower is just that, cheap. NGK has manufactured plugs for years, done all the testing and tested against numerous other manufacturers. If the E3 was such a threat to NGK they would have already put out a plug to compete with them. These are just another cheap chinese fad. Get the irridium plugs from NGK and build your engine right. Nothing worse than putting $30 dollar plugs into a 3K dollar enigne and having to replace it a year down the road. Just my two cents man, I have tried them, no drastic improvement and the quality scares me.

DJ

I couldn't agree more mate. Most modern f.i. motors are not going to react that drastically different from plug to plug. A decent set of well made, proven plugs are going to work just fine.
If anyone can tell by the "seat of the pants" dyno, that they have gained any extra power from a set of high dollar, fancypants plugs, are full of it.
Bragging rights and a new sticker seem to me to be a bit of a waste of money.