e15 ethanol

pigdog

are any states using e15 yet? is there anything on the market to neutralize the corrosive effects other than fuel stabilizer? motorcycle & car manufactures must have a solution. your thoughts..

pigdog

did a search & there are some products that may or may not work. one of them is called "restore" one bottle treats 25gal of fuel. the pumps at my local chevron have no labels or stickers with ethanol content so i dont know what im pumping

socal

the problem is the material used to make the gaskets and seals of the engine are degraded by alcohol, when a car is rated for that fuel they are equipped with gaskets of a different material, so 'neutralizer' only slows the effects

Rotaryknight

gas stations here use up to 10% ethanhol. There are very very few stations here in the tristate that uses pure gasoline.

RD GUY

from the research that I have done up here in Ontario Canada shell premium is the only company that contains no ethanol all others do contain 10% ethanol,also Yamaha makes a product for this called ring free plus to fight this problem, I have read many articals on this and its a big problem in small engines hope this helps

Marthy

from the research that I have done up here in Ontario Canada shell premium is the only company that contains no ethanol all others do contain 10% ethanol,also Yamaha makes a product for this called ring free plus to fight this problem, I have read many articals on this and its a big problem in small engines hope this helps

Got any link of this product?

RD GUY

re:ring free plus,its a Yamaha product I found out about in my Yamaha newsletter ,check Yamaha motor.ca

RoadKill

ethanol is so stupid. it is an "energy sink" in other words it takes more energy to create it than you get out of it. it's just a subsidy.

alexk

Weekend Rider
e15 offers us stateside a fantastic business opportunity - e15 conversions (basically rebuilds using e15 friendly rings, seals, gaskets, etc).

If this PoS called 15 goes mandatory (currently it's on hold), it'll result in a shiatton of cars and bikes getting run into the ground, and with no ready replacement supply (which makes me wonder if this is cash-for-clunkers v2.0). A smart man (not me) would build a business plan out of conversions for owned vehicles, and potentially buying near-worthless machines and rebuilding the engines.

/For every colossal failure there is colossal opportunity
//You're welcome.
///Where's my finder's fee?