Dual Sport tires on the FZ8?

Bagman

No, because WHY! The FZ8 ain't set up by Yamaha in any way to be used off-road in any capacity. Stick with your more typical selection of tires for the bike.

Bagman

Your tire choices are all over the map. The Pirelli Angel GT is basically a SPORTY touring tire good. The TKC80 is your dual-sport tire to which I suggested is silly on an FZ8. The Trail Attack 2 is probably better suited for a bike like a BMW GS or Multristrada, or Versys. What is your intention with the bike? If you're mostly road, but ride all weather than just buy the latest Michelin Pilot Road and be happy like every other person on the planet that's enjoyed that tire. If you want to take your sporty FZ8 offroad, then good luck and something like the Trail Attack 2 would be good.

At the start of the 2017 riding season I went full sport with the Bridgestone S21 tires. Very happy. Triple compound, so with all my highway commuting miles it hasn't squared off from the ~ 4000kms I put on it in a season, and it's super sticky. I don't ride rain.

wdoyle2

Anything with decent tread will work. I had the Continental Road Attack 2 on mine, and it was fine for just going through grass and dirt and beach sand. I wouldn't take it out on anything too crazy though. Also those tires only lasted me like 3000 miles.