Driven D-Axis Rear Sets Installed

ramrod

So I received my late Christmas gift yesterday in the mail and figured I'd do the install this weekend... which didn't last long. After dinner/clean-ups I headed straight for the Garage and started to install them.

Took the better part of 1 1/2 hours start to finish. The install was ok, I wish they added pictures in their instructions because it took me a second to figure out what a Helm bolt and Clevis was.

I have them set the farthest back and middle mounting point, which is a good ergo with the handle bars I have. For all those who have never owned rear sets, definitely consider them as a future mod down the line. I feel more tucked in, have better clearance, and have solid footing compared to the stockies.

The Driven Rear sets are of highest quality and the install was spot on. The linkage design allows the capability of GP Shift set-up, which I am considering setting up. I wish I had taken the time to take pictures to post a write-up, but was too tunneled vision in installing them.

Enjoy the pictures:

B

bren

looks great man! i have a set of dan motos on the way.. prob wont be the same quality as yours tho...

D

Deleted member 438

That is a lot, but they look very stout. BTW, your bike is looking bad ass. How's the tune?

ramrod

Thanks for all the compliments. Tune's doing fine, thanks again for the hook-up. Next on the list are shaving the "Flies"... then a visit w/ the tuners.

I went back and forth on these and cheaper alternatives but decided to go with Driven for multiple reasons:

• Tired of buying cheapies and knock offs only to be dissatisfied or buy other products when they break
  • Their construction/looks stood out from other rear sets. Appreciate good workmanship, fit and finish
  • GP Shift option
  • Made in the USA, which I know sounds ironic since we have Japanese bikes and not all mods I buy are domestic.

Don't get me wrong, I've spent most of my life being thrifty and penny pinching... but after a while you realize that you are simply feeding the hog when you start sacrificing quality over a lower price, which seems to be the trend (The China Effect).

:soapbox:

Sorry for the rant, just my :2cents:

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

they look awesome!
can the shifter be adjusted any higher?
and also, did you consider the rizoma's? if you did. why did you choose these guys over the rizomas?

goldfz8

that lookes good. i went with a gold sato set cost 560 but rear sets are worth the money. OEM sets are crap

mac89

Looks great, is there a massive difference in comfort? Or is it personnel preference, I think in the far future could be a mod for my fz8.

But yeah looks good.

ramrod

Thanks again guys.

Yes, the entire left side rear set can be adjusted higher by one notch. Also the shifter lever itself can be adjusted up or down by adjusting both linkages. Never seen the RIZOMA's until you mentioned it. After seeing them, they definitely underline the RIZOMA quality and style.

+1 on the SATO's. I originially ordered them but found out they were no longer making them in gold. I was pretty bummed out since I've had SATO rear sets on my 919 and loved them.

There is a little debate by comfort wise... the new ergo is good for my set up with my lower handle bars. It felt a little off having to lean forward at the waist and sitting straight on the seat. The rear sets let me tuck my feet back and higher and scoots me into the tank, which feels better... as for comfortable, I don't think you can get more comfortable then the stock set up since it is more upright seating.

Last edited: