Does anyone use castrol power RS10W-40 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil?

Gusm91

It is full synthetic JASO MA-2 certified. It is the first time I see a castrol oil for motorcycles. If anyone has used it will you please input any opinions regarding the oil? I see it is $20 dollars cheaper than mobil 1, which can really save me money in the long run. Also, is this oil safe for our FZ8's? Thanks guys !

Gusm91

I've used castrol in my car for the last 5 years...Is castrol bad oil for the motorcycle? If so, what would give you this conclusion? I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off for oil like say mobil 1 thats over $10 a quart compared to castrol that $7.5 a quart. Also, it is JASO MA-2 certified if that means anything...

Woody146

Banned
I've used castrol in my car for the last 5 years...Is castrol bad oil for the motorcycle? If so, what would give you this conclusion? I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off for oil like say mobil 1 thats over $10 a quart compared to castrol that $7.5 a quart. Also, it is JASO MA-2 certified if that means anything...

I use castrol in my car too...turbo A4....but with the bike..I figure you only change once a year or so...so I buy the race quality stuff...amsoil...there is so few components to our bikes so I can dish out a little extra cash to ensure a quality ride...but that's just me.

G

GNoiZZ

I used Castrol RS 4T and Mobil1 both 10w40 in my FZ8. I preferred the Mobil1 because the clutch and shifting felt better, and it seemed to hold longer (clutch started to feel jerky with the castrol after only 1500 miles, and the engine noise was louder ).
The Motul 300v i didn't like at all......clutch and shifting just felt really jerky, guess the bugged clutch Yamaha put in our FZ8's does not like every oil.

Last edited:

Gus

I used Castrol RS 4T and Mobil1 both 10w40 in my FZ8. I preferred the Mobil1 because the clutch and shifting felt better, and it seemed to hold longer (clutch started to feel jerky with the castrol after only 1500 miles, and the engine noise was louder ).
The Motul 300v i didn't like at all......clutch and shifting just felt really jerky, guess the bugged clutch Yamaha put in our FZ8's does not like every oil.

Well, I ended up purchasing Rotella T6....If my bike don't like it I will be moving to Mobil 1. Good to know. Thanks!