DIY Tank bag!

JSP

Administrator
Going on an over night camp trip down to the Redwoods in N. Cali. tomorrow.

I have a full hard bag (tops and sides) Givi setup, but I needed a little more space to pack my snacks, drinks, wallet, phone, and other crap I will want.. I gave my old tank bag away to a buddy so I decided to make another one.

Snagged a bunch of strong magnets from old computer hard drives I had laying around...

Sewed them into a few strategic locations... (5 sets total) and done! Shoulder straps were already cut off a long time ago so the little tabs left made great pockets to hold some magnets.

Came out great and holds really strong!

My wife also cut an old pillow in half and is re-sewing them to make TWO small travel pillows.

Budget baby! :D

JSP

Administrator
are the magnets in the old harddrives that strong? I have a bunch of dying harddrives laying around.

They are real strong. I stacked 2 together and you cant get them off of something unless you can slide them and get an edge off. You will need about 4 or so HD's to get a bout 4 double stacks. Sewn into the bag, they feel just as strong as the ones in my old tank bag.

One of my HD had thicker magnets so I did not stack those 2 together. Those are the ones I used in the little wing flaps.

rail

lol I have no idea about the magnets in hard drives, but I stuck a really strong block magnet to a hard drive once and it was hell pulling them apart :)