Dirt gone street in NorCal

trahajopro86

Hi Everyone! I just moved to NorCal from Utah. In Utah I was raised on dirt and have been riding ever since I was like 6 or 7. In addition to my dirt bike, I had a Honda CBR600R about 15 years ago, and it was awesome for about 2 months, until I got bored with it. I spent more time on my dirt bike and ended up selling the CBR. Street just wasn't for me! I sold both of my dirt bikes when I moved to Northern California (San Jose area) about year ago, and not having a motorcycle left a huge hole in my being (lame as that sounds), so I decided to buy something. Everyone I work with rides street, so I decided to give street bikes another try. I went to the dealer with the expectation of picking up an FZ6, but saw the FZ8 and pulled the trigger. I had my doubts that this bike was going to fill the hole left by selling my dirt bikes, but I have been really happy with it so far. I'm looking forward to participating in the community.

-Tracy

DanS

Commuter
:welcome: Lot's of info and helpful people here. Post some pic's of your new wheels when you get a chance

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Hi Everyone! I just moved to NorCal from Utah. In Utah I was raised on dirt and have been riding ever since I was like 6 or 7. In addition to my dirt bike, I had a Honda CBR600R about 15 years ago, and it was awesome for about 2 months, until I got bored with it. I spent more time on my dirt bike and ended up selling the CBR. Street just wasn't for me! I sold both of my dirt bikes when I moved to Northern California (San Jose area) about year ago, and not having a motorcycle left a huge hole in my being (lame as that sounds), so I decided to buy something. Everyone I work with rides street, so I decided to give street bikes another try. I went to the dealer with the expectation of picking up an FZ6, but saw the FZ8 and pulled the trigger. I had my doubts that this bike was going to fill the hole left by selling my dirt bikes, but I have been really happy with it so far. I'm looking forward to participating in the community.

-Tracy

Hey! this is awesome!! welcome!! I don't know your scene, but EtienneFZ8 and I are going to be your nearest FZ8 compadres! I met him for the first time on this ride, and he's a great guy...seems like he loves to fish. Don't see a lot of 8's around anyways, I'm in Milpitas, and he's in San Jose.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=433739716718282&l=7226027984051128079

Anyways, We haven't gone for a second ride, but I'm sure we'll get together soon, should we call you? :)

Blanchy

A bike like the 8 should feel good to a dirt biker, I have never liked the sports bike riding position either and I believe that in really tight stuff a more upright position is better. If the 8 is not your thing, buy a motard. Just remember that the blacktop hurts a lot more! But if no ones looking have fun!

krillz

-Tracy

Im 33 and been riding since I was 4. Dirt bikes are my true love. My first street bike was a Super Moto for that reason. Then I needed some more bang and got the 8. I still have and ride all 3. 2 wheels are my life, Ive got to have them. Enjoy and be safe.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I'd like to say something cool and inspiring but as you probably see already, we have a pretty good community here and it seems we all love our bikes because really, they're pretty great. So instead I'll just throw you a Welcome!!!