Did the Lars air box mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 438
  • Start date
D

DJK1505

I used a pice of a 4X4 block and proped it up. Was a little tight on the back allens on the velocity stacks, but wasnt that bad. Took about 2 hours to remove everything, cut, and install.

djcecil

i had contenplated doing this before this thread even showed up, but in the same way the velocity stacks work to speed the airflow, i wondered if the design was not meant to speed up the air as it enters prior to passing through the filter, or is it just a design to prevent water from getting in and up to the filter. guess there are pros and cons to all the crud we nickle and dime out of it. i ride in rain and dry, so i am going to pass on this one, i was more looking into possible ram air now that the smog crap is in a milk crate and not in the way. who do i know with a big 3d printer??

guitarsrock459

Just curious, I did the airbox mod, and so far everything else is stock. I've noticed from the 7-9k range the rpms jump really fast but it doesnt seem to effect my speed too much in the 7-9k range. So pretty much it seems like the rmps and the acceleration in that range dont seem to match up.
Is anyone else having this issue?

dtbrown

Just curious, I did the airbox mod, and so far everything else is stock. I've noticed from the 7-9k range the rpms jump really fast but it doesnt seem to effect my speed too much in the 7-9k range. So pretty much it seems like the rmps and the acceleration in that range dont seem to match up.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Almost seems like clutch is slipping.

kbrink

I'm not sure if what your feeling/seeing would be clutch slippage. From my experience, if a clutch is slipping, it would be happening as you take off. (on the bottom end or low speeds) Unless your clutch is really bad or your pushing a lot of horsepower. I think doing the airbox mod without running a power commander, throws the torque curve off and the engine tends to spin up easier, without having the torque-e ness to the top end power. (if that makes any sense at all) :2cents:

Ride safe & have FUN!!!

guitarsrock459

Thanks, luckily i have a 2nd airbox that isnt modded, so im gonna slip that one back on and see if it makes a difference. If its still doing it i'll take it to my dealer and have em check it out since its only got 1,700 miles and is under warranty.

kbrink

Thanks, luckily i have a 2nd airbox that isnt modded, so im gonna slip that one back on and see if it makes a difference. If its still doing it i'll take it to my dealer and have em check it out since its only got 1,700 miles and is under warranty.

Nice, you'll have to let us know how things work out.
Good Luck! :tup: