Demo rides

Rhyno54

A local dealership had a demo day today and I got to ride some nice bikes. That's where I found my next bike.:D. I got to demo a Street Triple, Speed Triple and a Ducati 821 monster, all very nice bikes in their own right, but the one I want for now is the Speed Triple R, what a frickin nice bike, easy to ride, really fast when you need it and just a great bike and that was the standard model. The next bike I want to demo is the BMW S1000R, unfortunately they did not have one for a demo:(, just have to wait I guess. Wanted to get your thoughts on bikes you've demo'd and what bike are you all looking at as your next bike. Ride safe out there

DSmith

i really like the speed triple. how would you compare it to the fz8? power, ergos, ect.? the s1000r is another one i would love to demo too, a lot of money but the features are great

Rhyno54

The ergo's can depend on how tall you are when sitting on the Speed trip r and the bmw, I'm 5'8" and weigh around 235-240 and I find the ergo's on the speed trip r to be really comfortable it just fits and feels right (to me), real similar to the FZ8 in fairness the triumph and the FZ8 feel about the same size wise when you sit on them. It's the feeling you get when you sit on a bike and it just feels right kinda like like it was made for you feeling, if that makes since same with the BMW s1000r, they both felt great but i would give a slight edge to the Triumph though IMO. As for as the power goes definitely smoother throttle response but at the same time really docile, as with the FZ8 under 6000rpms it's quite managable, but with the speed there's more power on tap of course, not snacthy though but not scary if you have good throttle control and it is a blast to ride, if you get a chance to ride one, do it, the engine intake sound is orgasmic. With the speed trip r it's got 135hp at the crank and you can feel it, oh and the handling :). it was definitely may favorite of the one's I test rode. The next one I hope to demo is the bmw s1000r, hope this helps, thanks for response DSmith, chat with you later