Deepest sounding slip-on muffler?

decooney

On the vance and hines website, it just states "- Sound insert capable"

CS ONE BLACKOUT: Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

Looking at that photo, and based on the other CS One thread right now, the DB killer is installed in this side picture. When its removed, the angled metal part cannot be seen protruding out of the back of the can like that. When you get yours pulled out, would like to see your before/after video.

e11charlie

Charlie,
Interesting. Seems like an affordable option to try. I don't mind the shape either. The end caps are rivoted on, how do you insert the DB killer and is the DB killer an added cost or can it be ordered equipped with the DB killer?

The DB killer goes in upstream on the car end. They are easily inserted. I don't know where you guys are getting $15 I've found $8 from Danmoto. http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/removable-baffle-db-killer-wholesale-18_104.html. There are plenty of videos on YouTube for sound comparisons. Here's one. [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQC1eBvpAo"]Danmoto Jisu vs Stock vs Baffle - YouTube[/ame]

decooney

The DB killer goes in upstream on the car end. They are easily inserted. I don't know where you guys are getting $15 I've found $8 from Danmoto. Removable Baffle / DB Killer : Danmoto. There are plenty of videos on YouTube for sound comparisons. Here's one. Danmoto Jisu vs Stock vs Baffle - YouTube

Thanks. Noticed an off-idle lean bog right off the bat on this video right after startup. You can tell, this slip-on definitely flows more air. I've since seen a few other DM Jisu FZ8 videos now too and each video and bike sounds a bit different. The video does help though it appears to be a twin cyl vs. I4 which has a completely different sound. Gotta find FZ8 videos for better comparison. 2-lungers sound thumpy no matter what muffler you try.

Woody146

Banned
Why not get a factory yamaha exahust...sure r77 is cool...but it looks kinda weird...and best part of graves, if you buy the header, it's a low mount....a bolt on low mount...no modification needed....

RoadKill

Why not get a factory yamaha exahust...sure r77 is cool...but it looks kinda weird...and best part of graves, if you buy the header, it's a low mount....a bolt on low mount...no modification needed....

i think the r77 looks awesome on my bike! Are you sure you mean the Yoshi R77!!?

Woody146

Banned
Yes..yoshi, only seen on gsxr but I get the jist of how it would look...I'm just not a fan of the shape.

decooney

When it comes down to it...it's all a matter of opinion until you do a side by side...in person

Woody,
I agree, only so much one can learn and see on the internet. I tend to overanalyze exhaust systems on cars and bikes to the point where I usually develop my own if I can't find something exactly how I want it. The V&H CS One is closest to what I'm looking for so far. I may have misunderstood... as to the other reply, what "factory" exhaust are you referring to by the way?

decooney

He was referring graves, there th company yamaha uses as there performance parts supplier

Good to know. Graves stuff looks really nice. Appears to be high in quality too, from the limited photos and videos I've seen so far. Will look at it again. Thanks.