Danmoto XG-1 installed now

n8kdfz8

Well I finally got my danmoto exhaust and installed last night. And I love the look of it but im torn on the Loudness of the pipe.:confused: this thing is loud! Almost or basically to loud for city commuting and having to start this thing up at 4:30am to go to work would not be a good idea with neighbors. It sounds exactly as it would with no muffler on. For those of you who do have this exhaust you know what im talking about. even under low throttle, this thing rattles your brain. :D So now i have to figue out how to suppress this exhaust a little and i think im gonna put sometype of handmade suppressor in the mid pipe section. i know its gonna take some time and research but if i figure it out without hurting my engine exhaust flow ill post some pics. but yeah hear it is for now. oh also this will eventually get painted satin black which i've seen in this forum but i forgot who did it. but props to "you" whoever that was.:D

SeñorJack

El Guapo
good luck with the baffles! the bike looks pretty mean! I have a cut DM carbon gp and i rock it un silenced and love it! but in my neck of the woods loud exhaust doesnt bug people too much

grant696

That pipe looks great man! I just don'
t know if I could deal with how loud it is. Might as well run open header it seems lol

cambo

Avid Rider
Love the look, I'm running the double gun on mine and yours looks like a slightly longer version. I totally get what you mean about the no muffler sound. To help with the brain rattling, I actually turned my entire pipe around to point the exit off to the side and down, instead of it pointing up and at my ears. Yeah, it sticks out to the side a little bit, but I won't be leaning that hard anytime soon to nick the pipe. In fact I'll scrape foot pegs before I scrape the pipe....anyway besides the point, that's how I combatted that issue. and it actually helps a ton with the sound. But this is all useless to you as you can't turn your pipe because of the foot peg mount. wtf am i posting this for. I typed all this sh*t already I'm not deleting it.

But one thing's for damn sure...if cars don't see you, they'll definitely hear you!

Last edited:

n8kdfz8

Love the look, I'm running the double gun on mine and yours looks like a slightly longer version. I totally get what you mean about the no muffler sound. To help with the brain rattling, I actually turned my entire pipe around to point the exit off to the side and down, instead of it pointing up and at my ears. Yeah, it sticks out to the side a little bit, but I won't be leaning that hard anytime soon to nick the pipe. In fact I'll scrape foot pegs before I scrape the pipe....anyway besides the point, that's how I combatted that issue. and it actually helps a ton with the sound. But this is all useless to you as you can't turn your pipe because of the foot peg mount. wtf am i posting this for. I typed all this sh*t already I'm not deleting it.

But one thing's for damn sure...if cars don't see you, they'll definitely hear you!

LMAO!!!!:D