Danmoto Jisu exhaust

kbrink

Well, I've installed my Jisu pipe today and I'd have to say, I'm rather impressed. The fit and finish is really good, the istall went well overall, just had to open up the hole on the band around the muffler, they were not big enough for the stock bolt to fit through and a replacement bolt was not provided. The sound is really powerful, yet mellow at idle. And it only cost $144 with a removable baffle, shipped. (I ordered it on the 11th and recieved it today) I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet, but I will post a video with hopefully decent sound quality.

Have FUN!! & Ride Safe..:tup:

Last edited:

Speedo007

Wow, quite a bargain...and does fit well with the bike's lines. Now you just got to replace those stock mirrors and paint the exhaust bracket black :)

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
@kbrink

Do you have any audio clips with that muffler?

$144 is a great price for a exhaust muffler especially if it sounds good. It sure looks good with the bike in general.

GarryM

I put one on my bike about 2 weeks ago. (pics are in my gallery)

Getting it to look right took a lot of work. As it came I thought the connecting pipe looked to long and a bit strange so I cut 30mm off the connecting pipe, got it re-flared at an exhaust shop and replaced the springs with a stainless clamp. So now the end of the can lines up with the end of the swingarm. I wanted to reuse the stock exhaust mounting point as it has 3 rubber isolators to dampen vibrations. There was no way the band that came with the exhaust was going to mount up to the stock mount, even before I trimmed the connecting pipe, so I made up a bracket so it all works. To my eyes it looks much better now than it was originally designed.

As for the sound, I opted for the DB killer because I'm old and dont want any stress from bored cops. To me it's not to loud at idle and nice and deep. Similar sounding to the MIVV Suony I've heard online. The sound suits the bike. But cruising around town up to around 80kmh it's a bit drony and annoying. Above 80kmh on cruise it's almost as quiet as the stock system. But when your up it it sounds great, nice and deep and not to loud, just right. Unfortunately there's not many places around here that I can get up it very much.

Hope that helps a bit

Last edited:

kbrink

Looks great, I really like the small changes you made to make it fit a little better!!
Nice work. :tup:

GarryM

How are everyone's JISU exhausts going? I have fallen out of love with mine. Over the last few weeks it has rapidly started changing from black to gold. As they say, you get what you pay for. I sent them an Email tonight asking for their thoughts. I'll let you know what they come back with.

shadowman

How are everyone's JISU exhausts going? I have fallen out of love with mine. Over the last few weeks it has rapidly started changing from black to gold. As they say, you get what you pay for. I sent them an Email tonight asking for their thoughts. I'll let you know what they come back with.
Maybe just me, but I think, with the gold wheels, that exhaust looks kind of cool.

GarryM

Danmoto's response.....

"Hello Garry, a little bit of color change is normal over time, due to UV exposure and heat. If the color started to change fast, in a short time it normaly indicates that the packing in the muffler starts to wear in the affected area. This means you should look into a repack. That's normal maintainance for a fiber packed muffler and required after a certain time of usage. The color change is permanent. If you want to have it completly black again, you would need to coat it."

Has anyone had any experience with re-packing exhausts? And how often do you normally need to redo it? I've had this exhaust for less than a year and only done about 12,000km.

I prefered when it was black as the gold doesn't match the wheels or the forks.

Last edited:

Harrywz

Danmoto's response.....

"Hello Garry, a little bit of color change is normal over time, due to UV exposure and heat. If the color started to change fast, in a short time it normaly indicates that the packing in the muffler starts to wear in the affected area. This means you should look into a repack. That's normal maintainance for a fiber packed muffler and required after a certain time of usage. The color change is permanent. If you want to have it completly black again, you would need to coat it."

Has anyone had any experience with re-packing exhausts? And how often do you normally need to redo it? I've had this exhaust for less than a year and only done about 12,000km.

I prefered when it was black as the gold doesn't match the wheels or the forks.

I had the Danmoto Jisu, had about 1500kms on it and it was already a golden colour. These units are cheap and nasty and you get what you pay for. I replaced it with a Yoshimura R77D CF and couldn't be happier. The Yoshi still looks like new and sounds a bit better than when I first installed it. Better to spend the extra bucks and get something good.