Danmoto installed / First oil change!

VDCOFF

Hey all, I installed my danmoto carbon gp slipon this past monday, and today I gave her the first oil change, put in rotella t6 5w-40 and a k&n filter.

She sounds awesome!

DanS

Commuter
Hey all, I installed my danmoto carbon gp slipon this past monday, and today I gave her the first oil change, put in rotella t6 5w-40 and a k&n filter.

She sounds awesome!

It looks good! I've been thinking about buying one. What do you think of the quality? And will it wake up the neighbors at 5am?

And what is that shiny 1"wide strip on the outside edge of your rear tire :eek: lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Looks great man!!

Random, but I used to work for Martin out there. When I would visit I would stay at this old church in the center of town, now my friends teach guitar building workshops out of there.

I love nazareth!

BLAZEX09

Commuter
@DanS

I had this exhaust on my R6, The quality is quite good especially considering the price.

As for the noise. This is definitely one of the Louder exhausts out there. I think you can get a baffle for it, never used it on the R6 though.

VDCOFF

It looks good! I've been thinking about buying one. What do you think of the quality? And will it wake up the neighbors at 5am?

And what is that shiny 1"wide strip on the outside edge of your rear tire :eek: lol

Im not gonna lie, for some reason i am more comfortable leaning the bike over further going into right handed turns, than left handed turns, i'll get more used to it.

But the dynamics of this bike are a lot different than any sport bike I have owned and the problem is the suspension, I am so used to stiff sport bike suspensions and riding this im a little hesitant to really lean the bike over in corners because I am affraid i'll hit a bump and get bucked off the bike.

any thoughts?

VDCOFF

dude for 125$ shipped you cannot beat it. It sounds great, quality is excellent, and its so easy to install. But at 5am it might wake up the neighbors, especially if they live right next to you haha

Honestly though, its not as loud as I thought it would be, I have heard louder exhausts.

but it is loud. I'd say you can't go wrong, sounds amazing IMO

VDCOFF

Looks great man!!

Random, but I used to work for Martin out there. When I would visit I would stay at this old church in the center of town, now my friends teach guitar building workshops out of there.

I love nazareth!

Yea nazareth is really quiet, its not bad...I live less than a mile away from martin guitar haha

07cobaltLScoupe

if that's loud you really do need to hear my XG-1 haha with my work schedule i'll probably only be able to get out on weekends for a couple weeks thou so hopefully it gets warmer by then

DanS

Commuter
Im not gonna lie, for some reason i am more comfortable leaning the bike over further going into right handed turns, than left handed turns, i'll get more used to it.

But the dynamics of this bike are a lot different than any sport bike I have owned and the problem is the suspension, I am so used to stiff sport bike suspensions and riding this im a little hesitant to really lean the bike over in corners because I am affraid i'll hit a bump and get bucked off the bike.

any thoughts?
I'm more comfortable going left. Yes you will get used to it. It's not going to buck you off. The FZ8 can handle it. I was just teasing about the chicken strips BTW :D.
I would not consider myself a very skilled rider, I've never drug my knee or been on a track. My previous two Suzuki's had adjustable forks and I had Big chicken strips! I read a book that helped me and my suspension immensely " A Twist Of The Wrist 2" by Keith Code, You may be familiar, if not I would highly recommend it! The problem is me not the suspension. Since reading it I have become confident enough that I've torn up the feelers on the bottom of the pegs and the bike feels solid and stable for me in a hard lean. I read a lot of suspension complaints, maybe it's not suitable for track use but for the street I have no complaints. Maybe as my skill level improves I'll want to do some suspension mod's.

VDCOFF

I'm more comfortable going left. Yes you will get used to it. It's not going to buck you off. The FZ8 can handle it. I was just teasing about the chicken strips BTW :D.
I would not consider myself a very skilled rider, I've never drug my knee or been on a track. My previous two Suzuki's had adjustable forks and I had Big chicken strips! I read a book that helped me and my suspension immensely " A Twist Of The Wrist 2" by Keith Code, You may be familiar, if not I would highly recommend it! The problem is me not the suspension. Since reading it I have become confident enough that I've torn up the feelers on the bottom of the pegs and the bike feels solid and stable for me in a hard lean. I read a lot of suspension complaints, maybe it's not suitable for track use but for the street I have no complaints. Maybe as my skill level improves I'll want to do some suspension mod's.

Yea I have heard about that book, I may have to pick it up today at barnes and nobles on lunch break. It probably is a mixture of my skill level and the bikes suspension, but more than likely my skill level haha. I'll give that book a read and see what happens haha