Danmoto install

FastZ8

I've tried ...how do you propose I do that..? I've tried numerous ways but the way I have it is the only way the bracket will line up with the holes

Martimusx

Honestly i have no idea. Kinda hoping someone else will chime in with some more knowledge than me. I cant imagine it would hurt the way you have it but it doesnt seem right.

FastZ8

I've tried it that way and I've tried putting the bracket completely together which does make it tight all the way around the exhaust but it won't bolt up that way...if I do that and try to line the holes up it hits the pass peg.

Martimusx

A few things i just realized: when i attached my hanger, the two ends met each other instead of being seperated by where it bolts up. Second, did you get a rubber protector to attach to the hanger between it and the muffler because i dont see it on yours.

FastZ8

All I got was the can,pipe,hanger with the rubber backing,2 springs and an exhaust clamp I don't recall anything else...and if I make the ends meet on mine there is no way it will bolt up

W

WARPTH

remove the stock exhaust hanger off of the rear passenger foot peg... where the stock hanger bolted up. thats where the new exhaust will bolt up.

H

Hoover

You have the clamp on wrong. It doesn't go either side of the hanger.
THe clamp goes around the muffler, and then, once it is squeezed tight, it fits on one side only of the hanger and the bolt goes through the hanger and the clamp.
I dont have any pics of mine installed but hope that helps

FastZ8

You have the clamp on wrong. It doesn't go either side of the hanger.
THe clamp goes around the muffler, and then, once it is squeezed tight, it fits on one side only of the hanger and the bolt goes through the hanger and the clamp.
I dont have any pics of mine installed but hope that helps

Which side does it go on..? And if so I guess I will have to bend the bracket different because now I have it bent exactly in the middle??

FastZ8

I decided to remove the factory mount and mount it to the peg and here's how it looks...it seems to be fine it doesn't hit anything...it is still a little closer to the swing arm than I would like but I can push on it as hard as I want and it doesn't hit and I got on the bike and worked the suspension and it doesn't...i love the sound w/o baffle...just wondering how close is your pipe to your swing arm?