Danmoto install

FastZ8

Do I need the gasket out of my stock pipe to install a danmoto jisu? I got it out but it doesn't seem to fit?

JSP

Administrator
What gasket? Should be as simple as taking stock slip on off and sliding the new one on.

Martimusx

You shouldnt need anything out of the stock pipe. Just pull off stock, slide on Danmoto, tighten clamp. It was my first mod and i did it so you can definitely do it.

FastZ8

Yeah I've got the bike in my boxed in porch workin on it....too cold n the garage.

Last edited:

FastZ8

I've got a jisu...how should I position it..? Flat side to swing arm or does it matter clearance wise?

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I'm not really having a problem I just wanted to know if I needed a crush gasket

Are you thinking about how exhaust flanges for cars work? Because cars definitely need gasket to prevent exhaust leakage. With slip on tubing, I think it's just clamp and go.

FastZ8

Everything came out good I just have one question...in mine there is a gap between the top of the exhaust and the hanger that I can't close I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with it rubbing swing arm at all?....I just tried to get a pic but its crap quality bc it's dark I'll get one tm.

FastZ8

I only have about 1/4 inch gap from the exhaust to the swing arm and the pin for the rear peg is almost setting on the top of the exhaust any suggestions?

FastZ8

This is what I'm talking about...is that normal? I tried but I couldn't get it to go any other way.

Martimusx

Well even though mine is right under the passenger peg, there is no movement at all due to the bracket. Maybe you have to bend the bracket to form fit the exhaust.

Martimusx

From the looks of mine and others on here it looks like you gotta make the hanger tighter around the muffler.