DanMoto GR Carbon Slip on installed...w/videos!

DownhomeMoto

Right now I'm not running any thing for a tuner. I hope to get a power commander soon. I'm working on my header right now. I'm going to make a mid pipe that will remove the cat. Then I'm also going to do the air box mod, and the get it all tuned up.

You should see it in a few days.... Mine took just ice 10th days.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MojoRisin

You should see it in a few days.... Mine took just ice 10th days.

Wow installed Danmoto conical yesterday, the sound is AWSOME! Best $115 I've ever spent. And it took me longer tofind a 10mm socket than it did to install the muffler. It took 10 minutes tops, even took off the old hanger that was attached to the passenger foot peg. Now if I could just figure out how to put these darn bar end mirrors on. :(

lyric911

Wow installed Danmoto conical yesterday, the sound is AWSOME! Best $115 I've ever spent. And it took me longer tofind a 10mm socket than it did to install the muffler. It took 10 minutes tops, even took off the old hanger that was attached to the passenger foot peg. Now if I could just figure out how to put these darn bar end mirrors on. :(

Removing the hanger was nearly impossible for me. Apparently a team of 1000 gorillas installed the bolts. I couldn't get enough torque to turn them. I had to dremel the heads off.

Bar ends - did you buy the cheap Ebay ones that a lot of us have? If so, take it apart and throw away the shiny expander thing. Go to Fastenal/Lowes/some store that has a large selection of screws. Take one of the screws that holds your bar end weights on and get one exactly like it only 15mm longer. Then run that screw through the mirrors and weights and tighten back to your bars. You can put the mirror between the bars and weights or put the mirrors all the way to the outside.

DownhomeMoto

The bar ends are a m6 thread. I removed the hanger with the pegs still on the bike. But ya they were tight.

lyric911

The bar ends are a m6 thread. I removed the hanger with the pegs still on the bike. But ya they were tight.

I tried to take the hanger off with it still on the bike too. The hex wrench was just bending. I tried a cheater bar and everything. It was ridiculous. Both of them were freakishly tight. As soon as I got some space under the head dremeled out, they turned fine.

rysyndrome

Thinking about getting a danmoto and sending it and the header out to get ceramic coated black. What do you guys think of the below pipe in black? Anyone with the photoshop skills to put this on a '11 Fz8 in black for me???? Its only about $170 on Ebay.

Last edited:

MojoRisin

Bar ends - did you buy the cheap Ebay ones that a lot of us have? If so, take it apart and throw away the shiny expander thing. Go to Fastenal/Lowes/some store that has a large selection of screws. Take one of the screws that holds your bar end weights on and get one exactly like it only 15mm longer. Then run that screw through the mirrors and weights and tighten back to your bars. You can put the mirror between the bars and weights or put the mirrors all the way to the outside.

Yes, I got the cheap ones off of e-bay. I'll have to look at them again when I get home. Because I did take that expander thing off, I just don't see how that will work, it's longer than the bracket that holds it and it won't sit flush against the end of the counterweight.

lyric911

Yes, I got the cheap ones off of e-bay. I'll have to look at them again when I get home. Because I did take that expander thing off, I just don't see how that will work, it's longer than the bracket that holds it and it won't sit flush against the end of the counterweight.

Those help?

lyric911

I understand the concept, but what I'm saying is the piece that goes inside the bar end sticks out. If I remove it there is nothing but the bracket that holds it in place. I'll look at them again when I go home at lunch.

I have no idea which piece you're referring to. The only piece that goes inside the bar end is the screw. You throw away all the chrome crap that comes with the mirrors.

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/131-fz8-mirror-alternative-26.html#post8071

Anything that's chrome in those pictures gets removed.

MojoRisin

I have no idea which piece you're referring to. The only piece that goes inside the bar end is the screw. You throw away all the chrome crap that comes with the mirrors.

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/131-fz8-mirror-alternative-26.html#post8071

Anything that's chrome in those pictures gets removed.

OK like I said I need to look at them again, I don't remember there being a spacer. It looks like the part that goes inside the bar and what you're calling a spacer are all 1 piece.

lyric911

OK like I said I need to look at them again, I don't remember there being a spacer. It looks like the part that goes inside the bar and what you're calling a spacer are all 1 piece.

Just trying to be helpful. There's a screw that goes through the spacer that attaches to all the chrome stuff. The part that goes inside the bar is not used for our bike (unless you have aftermarket bars and no bar end weights, I guess.)

MojoRisin

Just trying to be helpful. There's a screw that goes through the spacer that attaches to all the chrome stuff. The part that goes inside the bar is not used for our bike (unless you have aftermarket bars and no bar end weights, I guess.)

I'm probably being dense, I'm sure when I look at them again it'll be clear. And I appreciate your help.

DownhomeMoto

Hey can we start a new thread on the bar ends... Not trying to be a Dick but there's a thread jacking inprogress. Lol

lyric911

Hey can we start a new thread on the bar ends... Not trying to be a Dick but there's a thread jacking inprogress. Lol

Hah, I didn't even realize this was a thread about an exhaust. I just saw the questions/problems and started replying.