DanMoto GR Carbon Slip on installed...w/videos!

W

WARPTH

You guys were right. Here is the response I got from Danmoto, FYI.

"you can rotate the muffler on the mid pipe, it simply needs a little more force.

The fit is very tight, in order to make a gas tight seal.

The inlet at the muffler is round, the mid pipe is a little oval.When
you assemble it, the mid pipe get's a little deformed, which applies
pressure on the inlet flange.

There is no fixed position in which the muffler sits on the midpipe,
you can rotate it."

Really? you doubted us? I'm a little offended.
if it helps you just try pulling it off all together and than just slipping it back on in the correct position.

H

Hoover

When I cut mine down, I reinstalled the end cap in exactly the same spot it cam off. I then twisted both joints untill I got the pipe following the lines I wanted. Outlet is perfectly alligned. I can post a pic or two if you want.

B

bren

lothodon, it's a slandered fiberglass packed muffler.

Calscrazy if you click the last pic it's a video. I rode it a little today and it has a crazy decel pop. If you are getting on it hard and let off it tends to do it more. I like it!

Looks great Mate. I have the MIVV double gun on my bike. it also gives off the decel popping- i love it. sounds awesome.

P.s- Love the slippers by the way! hahaha ;)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
does anyone know if the decel pop is bad for the bike? in particular, is it running lean? say you hae this danmoto and a k&n air filter... is that gonna run too lean?

B

bren

does anyone know if the decel pop is bad for the bike? in particular, is it running lean? say you hae this danmoto and a k&n air filter... is that gonna run too lean?

I dont think so. All it is, is unburnt fuel. it ignites and pops when it builds up a little.

I think (i may be wrong) that people port match the engines to stop this in cars??

master paper clip

That decel pop is there from the factory, the exhaust just does an great job of killing the sound, what causes the decel pop is the ais system injecting air into the engine during the exhaust stroke to help clear out the exhaust, side affect is the fresh air and hot gas ignite creating the pop, and to answer your question about the mods, the bikes ecu has a learning curve built in to adjust for changes to the bike as long as there not crazy..

reALIGNed

just got my DanMoto GP carbon today, seemed a little too small at first when I took it out of the box. Install was a breeze, and I really like the sound. I have'nt riden it yet (raining), but it sounds very nice, it reminds me of the old KERKER K2R pipe, ...for $125.00, I'm impressed too.

F

Fazed

That decel pop is there from the factory, the exhaust just does an great job of killing the sound, what causes the decel pop is the ais system injecting air into the engine during the exhaust stroke to help clear out the exhaust, side affect is the fresh air and hot gas ignite creating the pop, and to answer your question about the mods, the bikes ecu has a learning curve built in to adjust for changes to the bike as long as there not crazy..

If you want to get rid of the pop, block the AIS hose that comes from the airbox and disconnect the connector to the AIS solenoid.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
My carbon gp comes in today I am pumped! Thankful for this thread, it talked me into it :)

just waiting on my axle mount for my plate. Then I will be done modding. at least until 2013 :D

oh and it was only $125.00 shipped from us site. free shipping? hell ya

myklobe

Thanks for the thread! I picked up my 0 mile 2013 a little over 2 weeks ago, put 420 miles on it, changed the oil, removed the cartoony blue stickers, and ordered this Danmoto Carbon GP today. $135 shipped from their website! I can't wait to get it installed!

Soooo much more I want to do with my FZ8, but figured I'd start with the exhaust so these silly Utah drivers can hear me :)

myklobe

Yah!!

Mine came in the mail today, so it just had to be installed :)

myklobe

So I struggled installing the hanger strap around the pipe. I tried to use the original hanger hole, which, after beating the 90 degree angles almost straight and drilling out the holes, I got it to fit...

Then, I noticed you used the bottom hanger holder hole :) That made life a ton easier. I reinstalled mine last night and it looks more centered and hangs well now.

Did you have to get shorter bolts to hold the hanger strap or is there enough room in the foot peg to screw the existing bolts in and take off the original hanger piece?

myklobe

So I was doing a once over on my bike last night and noticed that both tension springs that hold my pipe to the mid pipe were missing. I can't even think of a scenario just cruising around that would cause them to both pop off. Anyone else with a Danmoto had this issue? I contacted them and they are sending new ones out, I just thought that was weird.

myklobe

Spring #3 broke this weekend on a normal ride, nothing super bouncy or anything... I think I'm going to find someone with a welder and put a couple tacks on the mid pipe connecting it to the slip on and dump the springs altogether. Apparently, a buddy of mine with an R6 ran into something similar. Granted, Danmoto keeps sending him springs, but I think that's a crappy solution. Oh well. C'est la vie!