DanMoto GR Carbon Slip on installed...w/videos!

DownhomeMoto

Hey all here's the down and dirty of the new DanMoto GP Carbon exhaust I just installed. I haven't rode it yet (it was raining all day) but it sounds good on start up. Soo here ya go...

I ordered a DanMoto GP Carbon Exhaust for my FZ8. He is located and manufactured in China... that;s right china! So i ordered my exhaust on the 24 of Sept. He shipped it the 27th and I got it on the 5th of Oct. Not bad for coming from China! All was packeged very well and here is what was in side my box.

There was also very clear instructions and even a accessory booklet. I give the shipping, and incrustations solid B+

As far as the look and quality of the pipe... well the carbon looks great, the SS tubing is very clean and the welds are nice. I would like to see a little more filler rod used but that's just me. Also the carbon is super smooth. I give the product a A- for initial quality.

The first thing i did was mount the pipe to the mid pipe. The instruction are very clear on how to do this. I followed them and soon had the mid pipe attached to the muffler.

Next is to remove all the old stuff. First the heat shield. A metric T handle and she is off.

Then I loosed the clamp with a 10mm.

Then I removed the hanger bolt with a 14mm.

Then you just give it a little twist and pull.

Once off you give her a little start up... just to see how she sounds.

to be cont...

DownhomeMoto

Then you install the new DanMoto slip on. The mid pipe was a little tight so I gave it a little help. Make sure you install your clamp first.

Then install the new hanger. I took the old hanger mount off the the foot peg and used it to mount my new hanger too. Then tighten the clamp and fire that bad boy up.

The small pics are videos... there are two... one with no pipe and one with Danmotos
As for fit I give it a B. I broke the bolt on the clamp they gave me. It was my fault... I'm bad a breaking bolts. but still it broke.

So over all... DanMoto Carbon GP slip on... a B+ over all... and considering the price...$137.00 USD shipped to my door...

So time will tell it it holds up... but I really like the sound and you can order a DB killer for like 7.50

Last edited:

FaZerick8

The carbon fiber slip-on looks fantastic on the bike. Thanks much for the step-by-step pics and narrative, and honest assesment of the product.

DownhomeMoto

lothodon, it's a slandered fiberglass packed muffler.

Calscrazy if you click the last pic it's a video. I rode it a little today and it has a crazy decel pop. If you are getting on it hard and let off it tends to do it more. I like it!

lothodon

Super Moderator
that's an incredible price. i'm always amazed at how relatively quiet our bike is with nearly a straight pipe.

my very expensive akrapovic (by comparison) sounds very similar and i have to admit i love the deceleration "pop" as well.

D

Deleted member 438

I love it. I would have bought this instead of my Akra if it would have been around.

C

calscrazy

just click on the last pic and it will take you to the video.

kbrink

Just wanted to tell "Downhomemoto" Thanks for the heads up and step by step on the Danmoto exhaust. I did some searching and found the best deals are on danmoto's website, I ordered the JISU exhaust with a DB killer for $144 shipped. I'll do a little write up & video on it when it gets here, can't wait to slap it on and fire it up!! :tup:

H

Hoover

I am very "old school" and was quite disapointed when aftermarket slip-ons went to the triangular style that most of them did. However, as with most designs, it grew on me. I really like the look of my Yosh can but..... I love, love the look of that one. I could be tempted to order one and put my Yoshi on fleabay.

DownhomeMoto

Hoover... you could order two if you put your Yoshi on the bay.
I'm a round muffler kinda guy myself but i do want to see the JISU on the FZ

RoMav

Thank you!

I am super excited to finally see someone who took the plunge and purchased a Danmoto. I've been looking at them for about a month now but just wasn't sure about the Made in China factor (although damn near everything is). Excellent step by step on the install. It sounds great from the clip, but I also know how video camera/cell phone mics can lie about the true quality of sound, so I'll rely on your firsthand experience. You should definitely post that to Youtube with a link to the forum to entice more people to come here and add their 2 cents. Please let us know as soon as you have a chance to take it out. Thanks again!

Yamacat1000

What kind of fuel management are you running? Intake? How was the performance of the bike affected? Sounds good but does it run worth a damn? And where did you purchase this pipe?