DanMoto GR Carbon Slip on installed...w/videos!

12marsFZ8

So downhomemoto, hows the exhaust holding up? I am really wanting an exhaust and this one looks the best for the price. Would you recommend it?

Lee_533

I would. I have the same exact one and I love it. Everything seems to hold up good, no loose parts and no packing is getting blown out. I would recommend a PCV if you don't want decel pop but if you don't mind that then just slip it on. My buddy is actually going to get one for his gsxr to replace his Two Brothers exhaust.

MojoRisin

I have their conical can and LOVE it. It's just loud enough and it was really inexpensive. Even the tech at the Yamaha shop commented on how good it sounded.

DownhomeMoto

So downhomemoto, hows the exhaust holding up? I am really wanting an exhaust and this one looks the best for the price. Would you recommend it?

It's doing great. I would tell everone to run one, but then I wouldn't be as cool.:D It looks as good as the day I installed it's

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Lee_533

I have their conical can and LOVE it. It's just loud enough and it was really inexpensive. Even the tech at the Yamaha shop commented on how good it sounded.

Ha...the same thing happened to me. And the tech at my shop is a hard core yoshi fan. First he was complementing the way it looked and the way it sounded. After I told him what it was and what I paid, he kind of got quiet and just said that it was cool ha...

sinclap2

Lazy
I just installed mine and took it for a ride. :D Damn it sounds good, esp for $136!

I had a little trouble with the hanger but found a solid temporary work around. My prob was that I COULD NOT for the life of me, undo the screws for the original hanger, attached to the foot peg.

My Danmoto
Close wheel
Wider Shot (bigger file) - Note the classy rubbish/recycling bins in the background! :p

Something like this might be in-order:
Ebay Hanger

Thanks to DownHomeMoto for posting his instructions and testing this puppy out!

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I just installed mine and took it for a ride. :D Damn it sounds good, esp for $136!

I had a little trouble with the hanger but found a solid temporary work around. My prob was that I COULD NOT for the life of me, undo the screws for the original hanger, attached to the foot peg.

My Danmoto
Close wheel
Wider Shot (bigger file) - Note the classy rubbish/recycling bins in the background! :p

Something like this might be in-order:
Ebay Hanger

Thanks to DownHomeMoto for posting his instructions and testing this puppy out!
Looks Great man,

12marsFZ8

I just ordered my exhaust yesterday, can't wait to get it. for those who bought from danmoto, how long did it take to ship?

sinclap2

Lazy
I just ordered my exhaust yesterday, can't wait to get it. for those who bought from danmoto, how long did it take to ship?

Mine took 7 days. Ordered on Wednesday and on my door step the next Wednesday.

It apparently depends which site you ordered it from, ie the international or the US site. I'm in Australia and I used the international site, so mine would have shipped directly from China. Some of the stuff I have ordered from China before has taken a lot longer! So, I was pretty happy with that. As I was expecting it to be about two weeks.

MojoRisin

Mine took 7 days. Ordered on Wednesday and on my door step the next Wednesday.

It apparently depends which site you ordered it from, ie the international or the US site. I'm in Australia and I used the international site, so mine would have shipped directly from China. Some of the stuff I have ordered from China before has taken a lot longer! So, I was pretty happy with that. As I was expecting it to be about two weeks.

Yeah I screwed up and ordered it from China mine took more than 2 weeks. :eek:

clemmel

I too ordered the Carbon exhaust and mounted it on the bike last night. I like the new throaty sound of the exhaust but, wow, it seems pretty loud. Even under my helmet with earbuds it stands out.

I'll try and post a before and after video I did of it yesterday. It's not a perfect representation of the sound but it gives a little bit of an idea.

I also went ahead and ordered one of the db killers. It just sucks that you have to take the exhaust apart to fit it in. I had a bear of a time getting the mid pipe onto the can. I've heard it doesn't make much of a difference so we'll see when it gets here.

Lee_533

I too ordered the Carbon exhaust and mounted it on the bike last night. I like the new throaty sound of the exhaust but, wow, it seems pretty loud. Even under my helmet with earbuds it stands out.

I'll try and post a before and after video I did of it yesterday. It's not a perfect representation of the sound but it gives a little bit of an idea.

I also went ahead and ordered one of the db killers. It just sucks that you have to take the exhaust apart to fit it in. I had a bear of a time getting the mid pipe onto the can. I've heard it doesn't make much of a difference so we'll see when it gets here.

I don't think it's that loud. Compared to my buddy's two brothers full exhaust on his FZ6, mine is silent. I do agree that at around 2500 to 3000 rpms it buzzes you're ears, but no really goes that slow unless in a school zone. I found out that a nice helmet blocks a lot of the sound at high speeds. My ears use to ring after a ride, but after upgrading my helmet, I can't even hear my exhaust at high speeds. All I hear is wind.

clemmel

OK, after riding a few days I don't think it's excessively loud. I love the tone and it seems to have the most volume in the idle and low RPMs. Once you are up riding or on the freeway, it's not as noticeable.

Either way, I think this is an excellent product for ~$140.

As promised, my before an after video:

http://youtu.be/TV89XJWNkxc

Last edited:

12marsFZ8

I finally got it! the only trouble i am having is installing the hanger. it doesn't fit around the muffler. and where do i bolt it to? i did start it up, and it sounds amazing. I need a little advice to finish it up.

sinclap2

Lazy
I finally got it! the only trouble i am having is installing the hanger. it doesn't fit around the muffler. and where do i bolt it to? i did start it up, and it sounds amazing. I need a little advice to finish it up.

Mars, I had a little trouble too, this is/was a temp fix, just so I can ride the bike:

This is how I ended up putting mine on:
Close wheel

I bought a bracket and a couple of bolts. Fed one bolt through the original hanger position and the other one through the danmoto exhaust strap. Both bolts feeding into the metal bracket behind.

For a $6 temp fix, it is pretty solid.

My original post is on page 5 of this thread.