Cutting down stock exaust????

thach1130

Maybe contact this guy on youtube?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B5I-OkzQ3U]FZ8 Shortened stock muffler - YouTube[/ame]

tjfisher

Not sure what is worse the sound of the bike or the camera man

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

No, that's the sound. Play it using a surround sound setup. Its raspy, like it can't get the amount of air it needs. I suggest a slip on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
You guys are really hurtin my feelings here. Yeah, cameraman was abnoxious and, garbage camera. Not nearly as raspy when it's live but, it is Loud. When I did it I had already ordered a spare stock muffler for back-up and since then I've moved on to a Graves-Full which was my initial intent anyways and I didn't feel like forking over the cash for a slip-on when I got the spare stocker for $25 shipped.

master paper clip

I did it, sounds a lot better in person, I chopped like 3inches off mine and I welded the cap back on to seal everything back up, I did it cause I don't want my bike sounding like a Prius, and I can't stand the look of the Dan moto so it a temp solution till I save up for a real slip on, but if u like the looks of the Dan moto just spend the money instead of doing this, use that as a temp exhaust till u save up for one u really want

Here's my video

Yamaha fz8 custom stock can - YouTube

tjfisher

Ok so it must be the video camera quality because that doesn't sound bad especially for the cost while saving for a 400-850 mod . But the camera man still a bit off . Plus I have to agree with the hating the bike sounding like a prius . Did you just cut the 3 in and seal it back up . No other gutting ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

master paper clip

I took the end cap off, measured and cut it straight off, forced the end cap inside the muffler now, it's a pain but it does fit, then I figured I'd take a wack at welding it to seal it up, but it kept burning threw and i can't weld, it works but its not pretty