Custom Parts

Zomax

Pillion
Hello All

I have seen a few post about windscreens on this forum - some positive/some negative. We can all agree to disagree. I'll cut to the chase. This post is actually directed at those FZ8 owners in Southern California (specifically the Montebello area). I recently ran across the manufacturer Cee Bailey's aircraft plastics. One of their specialties is various motorcycle components. A quick review of their site (ceebaileys.com) explains all.

When I contacted Ken at Cee Bailey's and asked if they were considering custom parts for the FZ8 (in my case a windshield/windscreen), his reply was: "We would, however, no one has offered us a bike on which we can do a prototype with, at least not yet”.

As I told Ken, I would let him use mine to measure etc., but I am 1,609 miles away. I am simply passing this on to any Southern California riders that might be interested.

Zomax

thach1130

Yes please, a cheaper alternative would greatly be appreciated. $150 for a simple piece of molded plastic is such a rip off

B

bren

Yes please, a cheaper alternative would greatly be appreciated. $150 for a simple piece of molded plastic is such a rip off

im hearing that mate! i got a GenX one from italy which was 160... it is seriously abour $2 worth of plastic and two metal brackets...

SpunkyTheTuna

FWIW - Cee Bailey makes very, very effective windshields. They're not the prettiest, but I've had them on both a Gold Wing and a Multistrada and they really know what they're doing and their windshields work really well. No idea what they're thinking on doing for an FZ8, but it'll probably be big, ugly, and effective judging by their efforts for other bikes.