custom LIC TAIL TIDY! w/Factory rear fender

n8kdfz8

I'd like to say "thank you" to all FZ8 members in this forum! With ur great ideas and input I would have never have got off my behind to do some custom work on my FZ8. Special thanks to "ALCab" who gave me the extra push, that with his pics i can too create a custom part out of factory parts.

So sorry if i posted way to many photos but i believe some would like to see how it was done.:D But i could be wrong...

Oh yea the pics get into custom led turn signals in a cool place which im sure ill get a ticket for sooner or later. "knock on wood" ;)

Eagle

Very nice!

That's the kind of thing I'd want because my rear blinkers are integrated in my stop light (courtesy of the previous owner).

It's not very visible however.

n8kdfz8

Can we get a pick of the blinkers from a decent distance , both in daylight and night

i will definetly try and get those pics for u with a better camera. I used my HTC cell phone for those pics and it took me like 10 trys to catch a decent pic. it ended up missing the blink or it came out fuzzy. LOL. anyways i know u want to see how visible they r in day and night and to the naked eye you can see it well at night. and in the day, yea.....u can still see it but not as good as i would like it, so i will be looking into a higher lumen output from a quality LED. This project was an attempt with 5 LED's on each side to see how it would look and if it would even work. My surefire flashlight has one led that outputs 200 lumens and that is pretty blinding to people. another thing i maybe wanted to try was some 5mm red,yellow or white reflective rim tape to stick within pockets so light can bounce off it better in day as well night temporarly until i found better LED's.

n8kdfz8

U know I thought of the same thing, putting led blinkers in those pockets, but wasn't sure how bright it would be

well im honored my bike was the guinea pig for this project attempt. LOL:D. it's a work in progress and i figured i'd start cheap with some 5mm LED's i got from cycle gear and get an idea of if it even looked good. I do like it a lot, it was fun to try and i will be looking into some really bright quality LED's to replace current ones because i agree they could be brighter! the LED's used in the license plate bolts are pretty bright so something of those LED's i will be looking into.

n8kdfz8

Very nice!

That's the kind of thing I'd want because my rear blinkers are integrated in my stop light (courtesy of the previous owner).

It's not very visible however.

i agree, that is if your talking about how bright mine currently are! it could be brighter and im looking into it. i'll post again when i upgrade LED's.

master paper clip

Yea me and my friend were working on my bike Coue days after I got it and noticed that would be a great spot for some blinkers, just never got around to trying it, glad someone else did cause now I know how it could look, like it

n8kdfz8

@ bren, Thats a pretty cool unit from ebay that you suggested. i'll have to keep that in mind if i have to change what i made for turn signals. the little project that i did was absolutely fun and costs nearly nothin:D. fortunatly i had all the materials/tools already as well i feel its unique. :rolleyes:

B

bren

@ bren, Thats a pretty cool unit from ebay that you suggested. i'll have to keep that in mind if i have to change what i made for turn signals. the little project that i did was absolutely fun and costs nearly nothin:D. fortunatly i had all the materials/tools already as well i feel its unique. :rolleyes:

I like ur mod, looks great, I'm just a useless prick and would figure it out! Haha