Curious

AndyS

Banned
So I have been a member here for a few weeks now and have been looking around at all the back posts and have gathered a lot of ideas and tips of where to go and what to buy. Thank you. One thing I have noticed though, a lot of members post about their bike many times, then they just stop. Are people buying this bike, then realizing its not that good and getting rid of them? I see a lot of effort and money being used to make modifications, then these folk just vanish from the later threads.
I do see a few FZ8 for sale, used. Wonder if its worth my effort. Perhaps they still have them but once they have finished adding stuff they get bored? I looked back over a couple of years and did so before I joined also.
What is the thoughts here?

master paper clip

Well there's may be that but there's also the fact that a lot of great members got banned so they started there own forum and a lot of us followed them there or are members of both forums... the bikes not the problem unless your looking for a track weapon the fz8 does everything good

Bajaedition

I think a lot of guys go to a more general forum
this is a very narroe field of interest here after all
it is not a huge selling bike and it does not have the numbers of forum that covers like sportsbike.net or or so.

I looked a long time to find a bike like this, upright riding position, torque curve, middle weight size and agressive looks, I love the thing

Woody146

Banned
So I have been a member here for a few weeks now and have been looking around at all the back posts and have gathered a lot of ideas and tips of where to go and what to buy. Thank you. One thing I have noticed though, a lot of members post about their bike many times, then they just stop. Are people buying this bike, then realizing its not that good and getting rid of them? I see a lot of effort and money being used to make modifications, then these folk just vanish from the later threads.
I do see a few FZ8 for sale, used. Wonder if its worth my effort. Perhaps they still have them but once they have finished adding stuff they get bored? I looked back over a couple of years and did so before I joined also.
What is the thoughts here?

People find better forums..this one is ok for mods and parts and bouncing ideas....idk about other places..but this is a pretty uncommon bike In California...I look all the time for used ones for kicks...don't really find too many

npeifer2308

I think a lot of guys go to a more general forum
this is a very narroe field of interest here after all
it is not a huge selling bike and it does not have the numbers of forum that covers like sportsbike.net or or so.

I looked a long time to find a bike like this, upright riding position, torque curve, middle weight size and agressive looks, I love the thing

Like Baja said, a lot of guys belong to other forums than just this one. Sportsbike.net is a very popular forum with a lot more activity than this one. This forum is very specialized with a limited number of applicants. Unless you own an FZ8, you are not gonna be on this forum.

Plus some people move on to different chapters of their lives or just have a change in heart. Some people get bored really easily no matter how awesome the motorcycle is.

Here is a post by Baja from a different thread that sums up the FZ8 perfectly:
Originally Posted by Bajaedition
The FZ8 did not fail in America because it is a bad bike, it is actually a very good bike and it does what it was designed to do really well,
it is an UJM that does nothing wrong, it is a middle weight bike with a great torque curve. It handles well and gets rave reviews
the problem is here in America, we do not like bikes like the FZ8

we want cruisers or racers or offroad bikes. Those are what sells the best in America.

Naked Bikes, street fighters, and hooligan bikes are a nich market here, and we do not buy big enough numbers of them for all the companies that offer them to keep them in the line up

if you would look at a comparo of the class the FZ8 is in you will see all the other bikes get a best in something, and the FZ8 is in the middle, doing nothing wrong but doing nothing so good it captures the best at something. It is always in teh middle of the pack in each category.

What does that mean, it means it beats the other guys in one category or another

but because it does not beat all of them in some category, it is the forgotten wall flower prom date.

I take my 8 on a 250 mile trip, nothing is wrong, I take it on a canyon run, nothing is wrong, I take it to commute to work, nothing is wrong, it does good,

I think I am going keep this bike for quite a while, I do not like cruisers much, I have a sports touring bike, My 1200cc ZZR, I love the balance of the middle weights, not to much power not to much weights, and I have had enough of full faired bikes like the string of GSXR 750s I owned from 1986 to 2003.

I just really like the 8, If I wanted a bike that was more specialized in any category, I would lose the all around appeal of the 8.

97audia4

Like Baja said, a lot of guys belong to other forums than just this one. Sportsbike.net is a very popular forum with a lot more activity than this one. This forum is very specialized with a limited number of applicants. Unless you own an FZ8, you are not gonna be on this forum.

Plus some people move on to different chapters of their lives or just have a change in heart. Some people get bored really easily no matter how awesome the motorcycle is.

Here is a post by Baja from a different thread that sums up the FZ8 perfectly:
Originally Posted by Bajaedition
The FZ8 did not fail in America because it is a bad bike, it is actually a very good bike and it does what it was designed to do really well,
it is an UJM that does nothing wrong, it is a middle weight bike with a great torque curve. It handles well and gets rave reviews
the problem is here in America, we do not like bikes like the FZ8

we want cruisers or racers or offroad bikes. Those are what sells the best in America.

Naked Bikes, street fighters, and hooligan bikes are a nich market here, and we do not buy big enough numbers of them for all the companies that offer them to keep them in the line up

if you would look at a comparo of the class the FZ8 is in you will see all the other bikes get a best in something, and the FZ8 is in the middle, doing nothing wrong but doing nothing so good it captures the best at something. It is always in teh middle of the pack in each category.

What does that mean, it means it beats the other guys in one category or another

but because it does not beat all of them in some category, it is the forgotten wall flower prom date.

I take my 8 on a 250 mile trip, nothing is wrong, I take it on a canyon run, nothing is wrong, I take it to commute to work, nothing is wrong, it does good,

I think I am going keep this bike for quite a while, I do not like cruisers much, I have a sports touring bike, My 1200cc ZZR, I love the balance of the middle weights, not to much power not to much weights, and I have had enough of full faired bikes like the string of GSXR 750s I owned from 1986 to 2003.

I just really like the 8, If I wanted a bike that was more specialized in any category, I would lose the all around appeal of the 8.

just noticed you were from Allentown, I work in that area you gotta show me some good roads when its gets warm.

npeifer2308

just noticed you were from Allentown, I work in that area you gotta show me some good roads when its gets warm.

Yeah def, Ik some good roads through the mountains with some amazing views of the valley. Just lmk when your in the area and wanna go for a ride.

MotoZen

I work in reading. I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of us in the south eastern part of PA and NJ. We should try to do a group ride this summer.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I think the biggest lesson I've learned after 10 years of doing car and bike forums is there's usually a huge explosion of members when a bike/car is first released which eventually tapers off significantly as the model is discontinued and replaced.

Depending on it's fanbase, inherent success and aftermarket support you'll see forum usage go up and down but, for the most part - after a while, people either move on and upgrade or they reach the end of the bike's usable life cycle (i.e. Crash, or break it beyond repair). Either way, I encourage you to not make your decision to buy or enjoy this bike based on the popular trend. I know the feeling of "why is everyone selling" makes you feel like you should jump ship too, but at the end of the day you're riding the bike. On top of that owner turnover in, at least the motorcycle, seems VERY common due to the fact that motorcycles are relatively cheap compared to cars.

From a modding perspective, I would say most people like us spend a lot of time and money on the bike up front and then as they become more comfortable with the bike, frequent the forum a lot less. I know I did. You get your bike dialed in just the way you like and then after a while you'll either be content or switch up.

For me personally, I've had the FZ8 for just about a year now and it is not only a bike whose appeal I love, but also how comfortable it is to ride. I forsee me keeping this bike for a long time (well that, and I'm not done paying for it yet).

The user attrition at FZ8-Forum is a little bit unique because most of the active members pre-2013 split off to do their own forum due to some disagreement with ownership here. For the most part you'll find the same kind of content on both sites.

Vhutchinson

I got out today for my first real couple hour ride on my 13 FZ8 today . This thing is an absolute monster. I absolutely love it. I was crusing around 140 km on the highway and was suprised at how well the wind deflects and how comfortable it is to ride. I kept driving past this building with mirrored glass because the look of it is awesome . Lol . This bike really is as good as all the reviews have said .

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Rotaryknight

I work in reading. I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of us in the south eastern part of PA and NJ. We should try to do a group ride this summer.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

A group ride in the summer would be nice :D

When I first bought my bike, it was just about the start of riding season up here in the Northeast and I was on the forum a lot but once winter started as with many other people they dont ride so they rarely visit the forums. I bet when riding season starts up again an influx of members will come back. Its like that with any motorcycle forum small or big.