Cotinues to amaze me...

fazetastic

I love this bike!

My father owns a company called V8 Choppers. He builds tricked out choppers with extremely high horsepower motors(600hp). We love to race. So once I got my FZ8 broke in we of course had to race each other.

From 0-40 the FZ gets a quick launch and pulls out to an early lead. The chopper is a single speed automatic meaning it's always in high gear. But with roughly 500ft lbs of torque it will destroy tires off the line. Once the chopper hooks up around 50. It pretty much walk away from my FZ.

We did a couple of roll on starts at 45 and the same thing. The FZ launches quick (I was in 1st) and once the chopper gets traction, it's the same result. We only ran to about 120. So nothing on the big end.

But here's why I'm so happy with the bike. It's not a race bike but has all the power you could want. With a good rider it would be hard to keep up with in the twisties even if you had a super sport. This thing handles like a dream. And for less than $9,000 there's not many other things you could buy that would go as fast and handle as good BRAND NEW.

We were of course racing in a straight line. But we both knew that a hard race in the corners wouldn't be much of a race. Which is another reason I love this bike so much. Well versatile! I'll probable always keep this bike for myself. Once I save enough for a V8 Chopper I'll have the best of both worlds

highoctane

Canyon Carver
What ? you lost to a V8 ? Hahaha Bet the old man loved it.
I wanna see some V8 choppers, Can you post some pic's?

Hereward

As you say, straight line drag race is one thing, actualy living with the bike day to day, riding in traffic and of course the twisties of a weekend......The stock FZ8 at a fraction of the cost wins hands down.

A hamers really good at hiting nails.....not so good for much else.

mikefz8

He tried not to rub it in to hard.

Heres a couple. This is actually the bike that beat me.

It's definitely cooler than a harley (I hate harleys) but can you imagine sitting at a light waiting to go and just shaking like a walmart paint shaker? NO Thanks for me! Goes fast straight that is all.