Corbin

Speedo007

I like the front seat but the passenger seat looks a bit too "confortable" to me hehe That said, if I was going on a long trip with passenger, I wouldn't mind swapping the rear seat for the ride.

C

Camo

Front seat looks amazing!
Putting it straight on the wish list

H

Hoover

I am ordering the the passenger pad. My wife rides with me a lot and hates the rear seat angle. Looks like Corbin did their research.

hypo

HELLLLL YEAH!!!!!!!!

My order just went through. The email stated that production time is 3-4 weeks for seats right now, so I have about a month to explain to my wife that I ordered a seat... :)

Last edited:

hypo

Just emailed them. My seat is on the way through shipping and should go out today or tomorrow! YEAH BABY!

BeachinFZ8

Corbin Front Saddle

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to posting on the forum, but it was this thread that alerted me to Corbin saddle.

My Corbin front saddle arrived yesterday - plain black leather on top and black sides to not look to different from the stock rear. I thought their rear didn't look good on the back and I don't like taking passengers anyhow.

Well, I unpacked the seat and there was nothing in the box but the seat with two adjustable metal brackets to secure the two rear attachment points, no hardware, no rubber mounts for the rear brackets. I was going to try and use the rubber inserts from my stock seat for the rear. We never got that far - THE SEAT WILL NOT FIT ON THE BIKE! The rear brackets moved all the way in still didn't want to clear the tail section to drop down to the bolt holes and with the the brackets removed the tab up front to slip under the tank isn't positioned correctly - it is too high!

I call Corbin and now I need to send them photos of the seat on and off the bike so "engineering" can see what the problem is. They wanted to see if they could figure it out so I could correct the problem or if something more serious was out of line I could send it back for them to correct or replace.

At this point, fit problem aside, I'm a bit disappointed by this seat. My stock seat has 6 rubber bumpers contacting the bike - the Corbin has 2. The rear mount brackets look like something from home depot and I don't care how freaking wonderful their foam is - it is less than half the thickness of the stock seat - yet the seat weighs twice as much.

I'm going to give Corbin the opportunity to make good on all this and get the seat on the bike and use it before I say it isn't comfortable - but I have my concerns.

specops13

Wow, thanks for the Heads Up BeachinFZ8. I was on the fence weather or not to order. If we can get together, I'd like to check this out...

Dave

BeachinFZ8

Corbin Installed!

Faced with the thought of having to send the Corbin back to the factory to get it fixed and waiting another month for my seat I decided to see if I could take care of it myself. I confirmed that the problem was the front "tab" that slips under the bracket behind the fuel tank was not placed correctly, it was over 1/4th of an inch too high to be able to slip under the bracket. It is held onto the seat pan by two rivets, I drilled out the rivet closest to the tank so the tab could drop down and put a temporary wedge in place to snug it for now.

Anyhow the Corbin is now installed and I went for a 90 mile non-stop ride to test it out.

The foam does indeed have some sort of magic properties - it is less than half the thickness of the stock seat and yet is more comfortable. I think it is because the bowl shape of the seat distributes your weight over a larger area.

The Corbin seat has great grip, no slipping or sliding on this seat and it puts you at the back of the seat away from the tank where you're supposed to be.

A few things to consider about the Corbin:

You DO feel vibration coming through the seat. I already placed neoprene washers under the rear mount brackets and I'll look for more ways to dampen the buzz.

This seat has 1 position - when you sit on it your butt fits in the bowl and that's it, that's where you sit, you can't really scoot forward or back to change things up during a ride. If you are used to shifting your body from side to side, hanging a cheek over the edge of the seat or such to run hard through turns it isn't going to work for you with this seat. This seat isn't for track days - you'll want to put the stock one back on for true sport riding.

Overall - it's a good seat, just barely worth what you pay for it. It is more comfortable than the stock seat and works for most of the riding I do. Definitely nice to have if you want to do longer rides.

BeachinFZ8

Hypo-

Can you let me know what you get in the box along with your seat when it arrives? When mine arrived it was just the seat with the two rear brackets mounted to it, wrapped in plastic, some packing foam and that was it. No mounting hardware, washers, rubber cushions, instructions or any sort of paperwork.

I pretty much have it all sorted, I just need to swap out the factory bolts with some shorter ones and improve on vibration damping, but I'd like to know what I missed out on, especially if there is something helpful in there. Corbin knows I didn't get the mounting hardware and I'm sure they'd send it out to me if I want it.

Thanks

hypo

will do. and if its lacking, I'm taking pictures and emailing them for the next month on an hourly basis. supposedly my seat went into CQ last week and it should have shipped Monday... still haven't gotten any notification yet. :hbwall:
sent them an email early this morning. they must be on the christmas/end of year binge... or they have slackers in some departments.

Subject: Re: Order Status
Sent: Wed, Dec 14, 2011 3:48:10 PM

Hello,
Yes what you will need will come on the seat or with it. Here is
your tracking number. 1zzxzxzxzxzxzx56781234. It went on UPS

so I looked it up online:

San Antonio, TX, United States

12/14/2011 7:15 A.M. Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.
12/14/2011 7:14 A.M. Out For Delivery

SHIT! my wife signed for the package, and wrapped it up and hid it!!!! (for a christmas present) Pictures will be coming out Christmas morning. I'll be taking the seat off my bike christmas eve and laying it down next to the tree.

Last edited:

blues hurler

Got mine last week. Nothing but the saddle. No hardware or instructions. Seat looks good, but I'm still breaking it in and deciding how to get the best fit. Not sure whether I like it yet, but I think it is better than stock, just perhaps not as good as expected. But I do understand the require some break-in.

Last edited: