Corbin Vs Shad

Fazer 8

When you guys say fitment does the thing like not screw on or something? lol
I like how the passenger seat on the Corbin is flat... I sat on my passanger seat the other day and it is sloped down.. I still dunno how chicks/dudes will get on the back of bikes.. crazy. Anywho I was annoyed that Shad seats on this site were "on sale" for like 240 then I checked shipping and it was 105! Oh yippee. I will end up paying same price. Great deal! hahaha

The first reports from people on this forum who got a Corbin seat was that its fit was terrible. As in, yes, it wouldn't even fit and bolt down without some modification (bending of tabs and such, IIRC).

Umyaya

The first reports from people on this forum who got a Corbin seat was that its fit was terrible. As in, yes, it wouldn't even fit and bolt down without some modification (bending of tabs and such, IIRC).

Damn do you think they have fixed it now ?

Umyaya

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/416-corbin-2.html?highlight=corbin+seat
Still looking like they have the same issues as when they were originally released.

And a little more of the same

I guess shad it is... I have the 2011 black and golf fz8. Since they don't make the black and gold seat would the black and grey or black and white look worse?

I need to find a black and gold from someone !!

Last edited:

Fazer 8

Still looking like they have the same issues as when they were originally released.

And a little more of the same

It sounds like the problem with the front tab not fitting MAY have been resolved. Sounds like it still comes with no hardware or instructions, nor any rubber bumpers to keep it off the frame and absorb vibrations - all par for the course when you get a seat from Corbin, from what I've heard. IMO, at these sorts of prices there shouldn't be any DIY involved.

Put my Shad on last night. Took 10 minutes. Super easy and perfect fit. Looks great. I'm going out for a 4-5 hour ride today. I'll give feedback tonight. It's a great day here in NJ. Hope everyone is going riding today. Be safe.

Wolf

Just did 150 mile ride today, and had done a 450 mile trek over 4th of July.

After the 4th of July ride, my ass was pink when I got home and I couldn't sit for a day or two afterward.

Today's wasn't too bad, but it's still uncomfortable.

Also need to do something about wind protection. Down here in TX, so many of the highways are 80mph speed limits, and I'm getting tossed around like crazy.

Umyaya

Just did 150 mile ride today, and had done a 450 mile trek over 4th of July.

After the 4th of July ride, my ass was pink when I got home and I couldn't sit for a day or two afterward.

Today's wasn't too bad, but it's still uncomfortable.

Also need to do something about wind protection. Down here in TX, so many of the highways are 80mph speed limits, and I'm getting tossed around like crazy.

Just ordered a Shad seat.

Sorry I didn't post earlier. The first day with my Shad my butt was still sore from the stock seat. I was 99% positive my butt was hurting from the stock seat. A small part of me was worried I threw my money away on the Shad. Well, I've been riding with the Shad and haven't had any soreness or discomfort. Saturday I was in the saddle for about 4 1/2 hours. I was totally fine. I usually felt discomfort from the stock seat after an hour and a half or so. Some reviews say it makes you slide into the tank and crush your nuts. I find the opposite. It actually slopes slightly away from the tank and keeps my nuts off it. Maybe Shad fix the issue due to complaints. Money well spent. I love it. I'm riding to and in CT next Sunday. I'm riding 60 miles just to start my ride. I can't wait.

Umyaya

Sorry I didn't post earlier. The first day with my Shad my butt was still sore from the stock seat. I was 99% positive my butt was hurting from the stock seat. A small part of me was worried I threw my money away on the Shad. Well, I've been riding with the Shad and haven't had any soreness or discomfort. Saturday I was in the saddle for about 4 1/2 hours. I was totally fine. I usually felt discomfort from the stock seat after an hour and a half or so. Some reviews say it makes you slide into the tank and crush your nuts. I find the opposite. It actually slopes slightly away from the tank and keeps my nuts off it. Maybe Shad fix the issue due to complaints. Money well spent. I love it. I'm riding to and in CT next Sunday. I'm riding 60 miles just to start my ride. I can't wait.

My Shad seat should be here this week....
I ordered one 3 weeks ago but it ended up being a fake company or something super sketchy so I never got it.. Went directly to SHAD USA

Wolf

So it looks like Shad is the way to go for aftermarket seats?

edit: oh wait a minute....
Saw this on page one:

Must buy both the passenger and rider seat

What's that all about?

Wolf

I just got the Shad seat last week. I don't find it slopes as much as the stock seat and the difference in comfort is immediately noticeable. I went for a ride the other day that would usually having me squirming with the stock seat and I didn't have to move once with discomfort. I never rode with a Corbin but have sat on one and didn't find it as comfortable and on top of that there was the fitment issues that others have experienced(not to mention questionable quality control) pushed me toward the Shad . I also had a good experience with Shad when I had one on my 08 Yamaha FZ6

So even though it *appears* to be similar to the stock seat, the material/feel is quite different?

Umyaya

Because its sold together. You can just buy the front or back with the corbin. I have no regrets buying my shad. My stock seat had foam I put in which was more comfy than the shad but the shad sits higher and holds you in place. Way better.

Wolf

My stock seat had foam I put in which was more comfy

What do you mean by this? You modified the stock seat?

For me, the only issue is my ass turning pink after a couple hours on the seat. The height, angle, etc is all good (I *LIKE* sliding into the tank, gives me better grip)

kpedro

So even though it *appears* to be similar to the stock seat, the material/feel is quite different?

The material is textured and holds you better than the stock seat. The shape of the front seat is wider towards the rear compared to stock as well. The shape and materials used in the Shad make it much more comfortable plus I think they look better too

860Rider

Damn, I wish I read this first. I already ordered my corbin, and its the point of no return. I sent them an email asking them questions of fit. I'll let you guys know what I hear back.

860Rider

So. I received my Corbin seat yesterday. Carbon Fiber Leather with grey leather sides. Took about 2 weeks to make, and ship. Took me all of 20min to install. I had to play with the rear sliding plates to get it to fit but it worked fine. There is a small gap about the size of the tip of my finger but its barely noticeable. you have to be real close and at the right angle to see the gap SnapShot(64).jpg