Corbin seat + top case mount?

TorontoAlex

Anyone have the yamaha top case mount installed with a corbin (or other) seat? And if you do, should I assume you've got the top case installed and functional? Just looking to make the girlfriend nice and comfy for some weekend trips.

[]V[]addog

Anyone have the yamaha top case mount installed with a corbin (or other) seat? And if you do, should I assume you've got the top case installed and functional? Just looking to make the girlfriend nice and comfy for some weekend trips.

Im thinking about doing the top case as well... the ruin the looks of the bike so much, but kind of important for the girlfriend to feel secure.

Gary

The top case your showing is for the Super Tenere not the FZ8. I bought the Shad top case made for the FZ8. It does alter the lines of the bike but I can't ride without the case. I always have a need for it. Look on the Yamaha web site to see the selection of cases.

chodatus

I've got both installed and not complaints. Top case very important in going downtown Toronto (free parking) and throwing in two helmets and having a nice evening worry free. I also feel with the bulk in the back that thieves are deterd from throwing the bike in a van due to extra height in back.

Corbin seats are pretty hard but the increase angle and extra surface area of the seats help with comfort. My girlfriend made a makeshift pillow for longer ride. I'd suggest finding or making a makeshift gel pad.

TorontoAlex

The link that came up was an advert. Not mine.

I noticed they have a different model in europe that fits the FZ8 much nicer. Heres the link for the euro 50L and 30L:

http://yamaha-motor.ca/search?q=34B-F84A8-10-00+M

Either way, anyone know if the Corbin seats fit with a top case rack and grab bars? Im also interested in the Top Sellerie that someone here got not too long ago.

Girlfriend already in pain after 50km of riding. Happy wife, happy life!

Last edited:

TorontoAlex

I've got both installed and not complaints. Top case very important in going downtown Toronto (free parking) and throwing in two helmets and having a nice evening worry free. I also feel with the bulk in the back that thieves are deterd from throwing the bike in a van due to extra height in back.

Corbin seats are pretty hard but the increase angle and extra surface area of the seats help with comfort. My girlfriend made a makeshift pillow for longer ride. I'd suggest finding or making a makeshift gel pad.

Chodatus I may have misread your post. You have both the corbin seat and yamaha rack/topcase installed with no interference? How about the backrest? Any good?

Skiman

I installed the swmototech rack from twisted throttle and the 40L shad top case. I've also got a little larger windscreen that blocks a bit of the wind. With the case and the screen, you can have a decent weekend tourer for 2 up riding.

Not a great picture....but this is my set up

Last edited:

Gary

I installed the swmototech rack from twisted throttle and the 40L shad top case. I've also got a little larger windscreen that blocks a bit of the wind. With the case and the screen, you can have a decent weekend tourer for 2 up riding.

Not a great picture....but this is my set up

My setup looks like this. You will not be sorry for getting a top case. I use mine every time I ride.

chodatus

Yeah I have both installed with no problems, I don't think the backrest is necessary, I'd try it without it first, could save you 70 bucks