Conversion kit

Rhyno54

One of the bikes i'm looking at as a possible 2nd bike down the road is the FZ1 and I wanted to know was does anyone know of a streetfighter conversion kit for the bike and where to find one or if they even make one. Thanks in advance.

Umyaya

Yeah they sell them... If you get a FZ1 and make it naked you might as well sell the FZ8. I love the FZ8 but my only mistake is that you can buy a FZ1 and make it naked for a cheaper price than the FZ8 and it is a way better bike.. I actually like the half fairing. I was in a similar situation but bought a Bandit 1200S(half fairing and keeping it that way) a few weeks ago to use for more touring.. but yeah if I knew better I would have gotten a FZ1 and made it naked.

Rhyno54

Started out bmx-ing when i was a kid then racing go-karts, when I got older went on to motocrossing/birtbiking, did that off and on for 15-20 years now, my last bike was a Honda 450 4-stroke, i'm in my early forties now, so i'm familiar with riding bikes, i used to ride my buddies CBR 600 back in the day, but the FZ8 is the first street bike i've bought, not the first street bike i've ridden. I bought the FZ8 because I love the naked look and I liked the ergos of the FZ8, the riding position felt familiar to me. I originally wanted the Triumph Street Triple R but i bought the FZ8 because it was a better deal. So when I grow out of the FZ8, If i decide to get the FZ1 I wanted to convert it to a streetfighter like the ones they sell in Europe, but then again I might go with a Speed Trip R when the time is right.

Last edited:

Umyaya

Yeah. if you outgrow the FZ8 for street riding you gotta be riding pretty hard. You ever consider a Bandit 1200? You can find 97-2001 for 1500 dollars easy. Monster bikes and easy to work on. I first started out on a CBR 600rr and thought I was hot shit until I met the guys at the bike shop in town who absolutely spanked me in the corners on bikes that were made before I was even born and half the hp. So my mentality and riding style has changed from needing the best biggest top of the line bike to riding your own ride and developing skills. The bike doesn't make the rider. Also I've seen a lot of guys who road dirt that thought transferring to street would be easy... not so much! I ride ~15k miles a season and still consider myself a beginner... and that's in Minnesota! Jealous of you in Cali with a longer riding season!

Last edited:

Rhyno54

I like all naked bikes, kawi z1000, fz1, street trip r, speed trip r, bmw s1000r. Never thought to look at the suzuki bandit, I'll give it a look. I ride my bike as much as possible and since i live in Sacramento which is two hours away from the mountains and two hours away from the ocean you get alot of different riding, which is nice. I do plan on keeping the FZ8 for quite some time, i k ust bought it a couple months ago and already have put 2000 miles on it.