Coffman sounds & looks great

Suave96

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQmvMuUCChk]Coffman's Exhaust on FZ8 - YouTube[/ame]

I've had it less than a week and I love it!. I ran stock for a few months then I had the Radiant shorty exhaust. I liked it but my wife hated it. It never mellowed out. The Coffman really feels like a great quality exhaust. It was $185. It's now my favorite mod after my motodynamics tail light. If you're thinking about it do it. I don't think you will have any regrets

Keach

I agree

I'm also really happy with the Coffman. Looking forward to actually putting seat time in and hearing what it sounds like while cruising.

Keach

Oh and Suave, you can remove the exhaust mount if you want. Makes it look a bit cleaner and it's just a couple of allen screws if I remember right.

Suave96

Yeah you're right but I stripped the allen screws:-( So I went and bought a nut and put the bolt back in. Your bike looks great BTW!

Burban

Where in GA are you? There seems to be a few FZs in the Gwinnett county area, where I am. I would love to hear the exhaust if you are in the area. I'm on the fence about the Coffman or if I should go with one of the bigger name companies

Keach

Oh that kinda sucks. Although it doesn't look bad the way you have it. Well I'm sure you could drill them out..maybe the "as seen on tv" SpeedOut would work! Ha I just saw that infomercial on tv yesterday.

Thanks a lot for the complement on the bike! Not sure what I'll do next winter besides stare at it lol. I just bought the bike at the end of September so I was only able to get about 800 miles before I put it away for winter. Once winter took hold I started modifying. It has become an obsession. This forum has been awesome to see what works for people and what doesn't. Dirt Road seat is next and then I think I'm done for a while. Otherwise my wife might kill me lol.

How's the noise level with the Coffman while you are riding? I'm hoping I'll be able to hear my music with my Bluetooth helmet.

Suave96

I'm in Cobb Co. The video clip is prety accurate. I honestly think the quality of the Coffman is right up there with the bigger names. I personally like a shorty pipe

Suave96

I don't think you will have a problem listening to your bluetooth but, I bet you turn it off to listen to that sweet exhaust scream. I've been up to 90 mph since I installed it. It mellows out but still sounds great. Im not that worried about the bracket. It looks a lot better with the bolt back in. I bought mine in Sept also.

bikee4

Ask Pam at Coffman's and she'll throw in a R6 baffle. i find the smaller baffle to be not as pleasing sound wise and might even be a little too restrictive? but is MUCH quieter than the one it comes with.

Suave96

Ask Pam at Coffman's and she'll throw in a R6 baffle. i find the smaller baffle to be not as pleasing sound wise and might even be a little too restrictive? but is MUCH quieter than the one it comes with.

Thanks man but I'm pretty happy with it:) I emailed her to tell her w much I liked it. She emailed me back in mins. That was cool.

Boom9280

The coffman looks gorgeous. Looking at getting one myself. Just wondering if it required any fuel adjustment? Did you see any performance reduction/improvement?

Keach

The coffman looks gorgeous. Looking at getting one myself. Just wondering if it required any fuel adjustment? Did you see any performance reduction/improvement?

Sounds like there is one person who reported negative consequences to the coffman. In other threads I had heard nothing but good things. I bought the coffman for looks and sound. So far I am very pleased in that department. Due to winter I haven't really rode with the exhaust so I have no idea performance wise. The thread banky posted has me a bit worried but I'll have to wait a couple months to decide for myself with some ride time. Typically most people find a slip on alone does not require a fuel adjustment.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Sounds like there is one person who reported negative consequences to the coffman. In other threads I had heard nothing but good things. I bought the coffman for looks and sound. So far I am very pleased in that department. Due to winter I haven't really rode with the exhaust so I have no idea performance wise. The thread banky posted has me a bit worried but I'll have to wait a couple months to decide for myself with some ride time. Typically most people find a slip on alone does not require a fuel adjustment.

Not trying to start an argument, not disagreeing with you...... But someone's first post on their join date that's about a borderline 50/50 exhaust love or hate by the forum is weird...... Instead of the welcome aboard threads we ask for.

But anywho.......:p

Suave96

I just rode from Cobb Co Ga to Franklin Co Nc yesterday. 310 miles all together. The bike did great. Honestly I really like the exhaust. I didn't see any change performance wise. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Coffman works for me.