Clutchless shifting???

Geanmage13

I've done it from time to time but does it actually damage the bike??? Does anyone have a bad experience on that?

b-eock

Nor really as long as your not having to jam it in gear. The trannys on the Jap bikes are rock solid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

JSP

Administrator
It can be done.. Buy unless you are racing on a track and looking to shave off 0.001 seconds.. I really see no reason to do it. You have a clutch for a reason, I say use it. Why add any unnecessary strain on the system?]

Just my opinion..

n00b

Avid Rider
I use the clutch by habit, but have done it from time to time. the few times i've done it, i make sure the tranny is not loaded.

cxa0897

If im cruising one handed I'll upshift without the clutch from 4-5-6. The gearing is close enough that just a slight let off the throttle allows the next gear to slide right in.

master paper clip

When I'm getting on it, I always clutch.... But when cruising ill shift without once in a while mostly when ridin with one hand.... But never downshift without.

b-eock

I've done both up and down, I don't do it normally. And if you're good with it, it is just as smooth or smoother than using the clutch.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

pastasauce

I've put 4,500 miles on my FZ8 without using the clutch for up shifting or down shifting. Haven't had any problems. It's really smooth once you get the hang of it.

Geanmage13

It can be done.. Buy unless you are racing on a track and looking to shave off 0.001 seconds.. I really see no reason to do it. You have a clutch for a reason, I say use it. Why add any unnecessary strain on the system?]

Just my opinion..

I always use the clutch by habit :) I was just worried if those 2-3 times out of a 1000 would actually damage the transmission.. But yeah you are right, they usually DO put stuff there for a reason. lol

Robcat

Just make sure you take the strain from the engine, off the transmition and it will last.
Gearbox's are designed to allow up-shifting.

Nearly always up-shift on the R1 and the Fazer from 2nd gear upwards.