Clutch plate swap... Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b-eock

I couldn't do it nor could I figure it out. So tomorrow I'm taking it to my stealership. So they can figure out the cable issue. I'm not letting them cheat me for this crap. It should be a 10 min process if they have the manual. I already got cheated for the bike. Compared to what everyone else was paying. I got cheated by almost $2K I paid $9,250 for a 2011 at the end of December 2012. Brand new.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

b-eock

I hope you don't. Its probably something stupid. First time I've ever really done engine work on my own. Hopefully I can learn.

b-eock

The stunting I do put greater wear on it. I had about 10,150 miles. It was being grabby and would have a slight pull on a level surface.

b-eock

I can't believe it would stretch as far as it did. I can't even get it to pull the pressure plate and it still has slack in it...

HenryT

Yeah some people should work on bikes and others...not so much. Trailer it into the dealer and beg for mercy they don't bend you over too hard. Tell them you will never do it again. :rockon:

Last edited:

cpatt

i did clutch plates... and springs... was a pretty simple job... i think it took like 30 min... i bet your missing a plate.

i put in barnet racing clutch and springs for what its worth.

b-eock

Great. I'm just terrible at anything I do. I'm gonna be off the forums guys. Later.

master paper clip

Noooo b-eock u can't go, who will be our resident stunter....trial and error, no one has the rite to say who should and shouldn't be working on there own bike. Ohhh u made a mistake, everyone does. not every ones a master mechanic, don't get rapped by the stealership, take it all back apart and double check what u did, not a huge deal and could save u a bunch of cash

cambo

Avid Rider
Noooo b-eock u can't go, who will be our resident stunter....trial and error, no one has the rite to say who should and shouldn't be working on there own bike. Ohhh u made a mistake, everyone does. not every ones a master mechanic, don't get rapped by the stealership, take it all back apart and double check what u did, not a huge deal and could save u a bunch of cash

resident stunter lol...true!

totally agree with wfdowns...you've got it bro, you've come this far, what's ripping it apart and starting over? It'll definitely save you some cash and more importantly, you'll learn a ton more.

Nothing better than doing your own work and immediately afterwards, getting to stick a middle finger to the sky and say "f**k you (insert local dealership here)!, I'll keep my (insert ridiculous dollar amount here) thank you"

and btw, I have literally done this after every job I've done.

RoadKill

Don't give up man. take it back apart and double check everything. just because it didn't go back together right the first time doesn't mean you can't get it back together the second time.

b-eock

Got charged for 2.25 hours of work... Basically what they charge for a full plate swap... So I guess I was totally out of place. I'll be off the forums. Thanks for all the help guys.

Marthy

Got charged for 2.25 hours of work... Basically what they charge for a full plate swap... So I guess I was totally out of place. I'll be off the forums. Thanks for all the help guys.

Why? Stick around Mate!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

HenryT

Bro no reason to go, I love your enthusiasm about biking. Its just in my experience there are people good at mechanics or other areas and others who are not. Just like math and me, we just don't get along and I suck at it but I have developed other qualities I'm better at and enjoy more. know what your limits are cause sometimes it could get expensive and frustrating. :rockon:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.