Clunking noise (drive sprocket area)

Whitej84

So earlier I was inspecting my chain when I started to manually roll the bike back and forth slowly, I had the bike in gear clutch pulled in with the engine off. As I'm rolling it back and forth (maybe 2-5 inches) I noticed a clunking noise coming from the drive sprocket area. Have any of you experienced this?
The reason I was inspecting the bike to begin with was because I brought the bike in for a 4000 mile check(its first check....more than worthless check) for piece of mind. When I got the bike back I could feel a rubbing sensation that I could feel through the rear sets and handle bars that comes and goes rapidly when the bike is warmer in deceleration and coasting usually within a couple seconds between vibrations. After I could feel it I checked the bike out myself and found that the chain was so tight I couldn't move it 1/8th of an inch worth of slack. Then I saw the oil sight glass was full when the bike was on its side stand which was filled up too much by an "entire quart"!!!!!! They also slung so much chain wax on that it slung all over everything. Both of the oil and chain problems ave been taken care of but I still feel the rubbing and just noticed this clunking noise. Any help or input is very appreciated.

RoadKill

wow that is amazingly stupid! i would be extremely angry, you should call Yamaha and let them know about this.

ssky0078

yeah, I would follow up with the dealer. Show the service manager how tight the chain is. Make him aware of the issue. And if they don't take care of it, then contact Yamaha.

I didn't get any noises like that till I had about 20,000 miles on the chain and sprocket

Whitej84

Thanks for the ideas and advice. Yea I have brought it back to the dealer and they denied doing everything and said "how do we know you didn't do it yourself?" Why the hell would I overfill my bike and ovrtighten my chain just after bringing in to have it serviced? Lol. I will be in further contact with yamaha and let you all know what the outcome is. Thanks again