Christmas Came Early

AlCab

Christmas came early this year in the form of a great deal on a set of Pit Bull stands. I picked these up today for $100 for both stands from a guy on Craigslist. Needs a little cleaning but otherwise, they are in excellent shape. The rear stand is even the SS model so it works for both spooled and non-spooled swingarms. These things are stout! Now I see why people pay $150 each for these.

Sorry to gloat, but I had to tell somebody, and the wife couldn't care less :)

D

Deleted member 438

That's like giving those things away. Great find!

AlCab

Thanks fellas. Yeah, I just lucked out. I was just surfing the motorcycles section of the local Craigslist last night and happened to see the ad so I emailed the guy right away. He said he had a lot of interest in it but I was the first to contact him so he sold it to me.

TallGuyNW

Great Deal!! I bought the rear stand a couple weeks ago for $150. Now I just need to go out and do my first oil change.

AlCab

No sadly it's not but its a rearstand and thats what I needed

Gotcha. I actually bought a set of inexpensive front and rear stands from Amazon ($70 for both front and rear) a couple weeks ago as I had no intention of paying $150 for one Pit Bull stand. Then I saw the deal on craigslist for the Pit Bull stands and I couldn't resist. I must say, now that I have tried both, the Pit Bull definitely is more sturdy and better designed, resulting in much less effort to get the bike up onto the stand.

Is it worth 3-4X the cost of a cheaper stand? For occassional use, definitely not. But for frequent use, I could see it's value.

I now have a set of stands that I need to sell :)