Chicago Bike Show

H

Hoover

Here's a few, of the many pics from Saturday's "Meet n Greet"

IMG_3017.jpg

Mansack, realizing the new FZ-8 color scheme matches his outfit :D

IMG_3021.jpg

Hoover, realizing that there is still nowhere to store his cane, while Trixter looks on..:(

IMG_3055.jpg

Dr Doom, contemplating a defection..don't worry, we hid his beer untill he came to his senses :eek:

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

Hub Center Steered R 1.. Hey Andy Sparrow, they finally listened mate..only took 25 years :confused:

IMG_3065.jpg

Vintage triple engined Norton.. Balls of Steel

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

A nice collection of "Flat Track inspired, knobby tired vintage Jap Iron

IMG_3094.jpg

Yep, thats a real one

IMG_3072.jpg

This was my favorite by a long, long way. An Egli-Vincent. Worth its weight in gold.

All in all, a good time. We followed this up with some good food and better beer at RAM brew pub!

Very cool meeting everyone! Thanks for posting the pics. I'm still working right now, but I'll grab my pics if they're good and post 'em up too.

We wuz waiting for these! very cool and odd looking bikes. looks like you had a good time!

Hoover, them boot's don't look so comfy:eek:

You got some great pics there...I love that Honda CB racer. I'm not gonna lie, that GSXR felt nice.

We wuz waiting for these! very cool and odd looking bikes. looks like you had a good time!

Hoover, them boot's don't look so comfy:eek:

Nothing's that comfy right now mate. Those are the only ones that fit! Well, on one foot at least :mad:

The bike with the 2 steel tanks and scorpion-like seat is a bike of my cousin's brother or cousin (one of those 2). He always customized bikes but until now decided to put one up for the show and know 3rd places (i believe). Pretty crazy design.

I think I sat on the fz8 at least 10 times because I just couldn't get away from it. Two weeks later, I'm sitting on my own :)

The bike with the 2 steel tanks and scorpion-like seat is a bike of my cousin's brother or cousin (one of those 2). He always customized bikes but until now decided to put one up for the show and know 3rd places (i believe). Pretty crazy design.

I think I sat on the fz8 at least 10 times because I just couldn't get away from it. Two weeks later, I'm sitting on my own :)

That was a cool machine. A 79 Honda Goldwing was the starting point. I'll bet there aren't many Goldwings, especially the early 4 pot GL1000 that have been customised to that extreme.

You all are freaking jerks I'm so jealous. Jealous of the meet up with other forum members and going to the bike show!

Haha! You're a jerk for living in a warmer part of the US. Come on over for MotoGP Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are alright but the real good ones live here in Oz ;)
Bike show looks great. Ducatti have anything new and outlandish?

I really liked this. A decent price for a bonkers bike. If you have 13K to spare that is !!

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

There is a new Capital 1 commercial with the idiot Baldwin in it and a hot chick on a bike. I have paused it for ages and really think she is on one of these.

Last edited:
I really liked this. A decent price for a bonkers bike. If you have 13K to spare that is !!

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

There is a new Capital 1 commercial with the idiot Baldwin in it and a hot chick on a bike. I have paused it for ages and really think she is on one of these.

Looks like a Duc streetfighter 848

Also if there is ever a meet up I can get to I'm hopping on the bike and taking off

Looks like a Duc streetfighter 848

Also if there is ever a meet up I can get to I'm hopping on the bike and taking off

Yep, it is, This was a special edition one with carbon Tergs and some other nice bits and bobs.

hahahah- gold!

You gotta admit- for value for money- the FZ8 is as good buy!

I got mine with 1.5k miles on it, mint condition for $6k so for that price, I don't think I'd ever be able to find such a beautiful and well designed bike.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back