Center Stands - Yamaha or SWMotech?

JRunner

Just wondering if it pays to get the SW Motech or the cheaper Yamaha center stand? Do you see any advantages to the SW Motech? I've done some searching but haven't come up with anything that says either way.

Also can you lock the wheel to the left with a center stand for security purposes like you do with the side stand?

Thanks in advance...

lyric911

Looking at the pictures, I can't see any difference that would be worth spending more money on. Center stands do one thing, and I can vouch for the Yamaha one.

Speedo007

I have the Yamaha one, and it's very rugged and well built. Can't see why someone would want to pay more for a center stand. (Though Im pretty sure I paid more then 209$ for my Yamaha stand...). But if you can get the Yamaha one for less, I'd sure go for it, chances are it will last longer then the bike.

bayou bo

Is Yamaha center stand hard to install(ie, the spring?) Saw as motech have to buy spring tool. Does Yamaha have spring?

lyric911

I was able to install the Yamaha and just used a pair of channel locks to manually extend the springs. It sucked, but is doable.

the borg

Get the Yamaha center stand. It is cheaper and just as good if not better. It took me about 30 minutes to install mine. I ordered mine from shspowersports.com. They were the cheapest and I had it in less than a week. I have a free shipping code if you order by tomorrow 7/31. FREESHIP7