Cell Service Options

Tango59

My T-Mobile contract is up in couple of months and I'm sick of the spotty service. My work phone is Verizon and I never seem to have problems with them. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint.... others
PROs and CONs please.

master paper clip

I couldn't recomend Verizon for anything, I absolutely hate that company both for cell service and home service... I had sprint and enjoyed it alot, wicked fast and I had service everywhere, of course your experience with each company will depend on where u live

tzortn

Pillion
I have the opposite opinion. I would be very hard pressed to leave Verizon because of the consistency of service that I have had with them. There are very few places that I have traveled where reception has been a problem.

Rotaryknight

I live in a city with Tmobile coverage everywhere. For me, the price is just so much better than ATT or Verizon. Verizon cell network is everywhere though. If you really want reliable coverage its the way to go. But I really hate CDMA networks like Sprint and Verizon. I swap phones and devices like GPS trackers many times a month and GSM just makes it more easier.

Bajaedition

I am stuck with Verison, I have a old data plan that is a guaranteed price and living where I do, it is the only way I get the web for my computer.
All other options for the internet either are way expensive or unavailable here.

However I would not recommend Verison to my worst enemies dog

alexk

Weekend Rider
We're too far spread to be of any use recommending a specific carrier.

Talk to your friends and family about their coverage and reliability in the areas you expect to spend your time in. Be as specific as you can locationwise - one part of town can experience huge issues for a carrier, others might be perfect.

For example, ATT was wonderful back in Orange County CA, but it's hellish out here in Austin. I can't go 30 minutes without a call dropping, and in many areas I show 5 bars but get zero data.

cambo

Avid Rider
DUDE

Go with Boost Mobile.

Right now I pay 40 bucks a month for unlimited EVERYTHING: talk, text, and data.

It starts at 55 bucks but every 6 months you're with them it goes down 5 bucks.

Boost uses Sprint's network so you get Sprint's coverage.

The ONLY downside to boost is that they don't offer the most 'hip' phones. I.E. they carry Samsung's Galaxy S2...when the S4 is currently out. And they also don't carry the IPhone. I don't care, they have other cool smart phones.

n00b

Avid Rider
I'm an ATT user. Had Verizon in the past (service was good). Sprint was horrible for me (very very poor coverage at the house), and i returned that within the 30 day trial period.

I use the simultaneous data and voice feature of the ATT network pretty often, so plan on staying with them, and i've always had a good customer service experience with them.

DLSGAP

I'm with Verizon and have been since 09. Had attached before them and it was Ok.
Switched to sprint for a very short while and their customer service department lost me as a customer. I won't switch from Verizon again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lyric911

Talk to your friends and family about their coverage and reliability in the areas you expect to spend your time in. Be as specific as you can locationwise - one part of town can experience huge issues for a carrier, others might be perfect.

For example, ATT was wonderful back in Orange County CA, but it's hellish out here in Austin. I can't go 30 minutes without a call dropping, and in many areas I show 5 bars but get zero data.

This is the right answer. My service in Indiana has **** all to do with your service in Tennessee.

cambo

Avid Rider

true story. Boost may be awesome in DC...but I couldn't get a single bar in Middlebury, Indiana.

Not one. g'damn. bar.

Tango59

We ended up going with Verizon. The work phone I use is Verizon and it would always get service anywhere I went. I'd cut days off without pay if I used the work phone for anything other than work.