Case's Mods

casefc3s

So I'd been ordering parts and gathering them for a while here, and all I'd installed was the frame sliders. Well, the same day I installed the frame sliders I went out to a twisty little scenic part of town out here and lowsided it in some gravel (out-in-out line became out-out-out). The damage totalled up to a broken footrest, completely scraped up stock exhaust, a little knick in the lower fork support, minor unnoticeable chips in the tank, scrapes on the radiator side guard and cap, right mirror, turn signals on the right side got scraped, brake lever, rear fairing scratched up and now cracked a little, and the headlight assy is scraped up on one side. Not exactly a good day, but fortunately I had most of the parts already sitting there to fix it, and I was lucky that I'd literally just installed the frame sliders. Perfect downtime to start working on it while I was still healing up...

I'll post up pics soon once it gets less overcast, but here's the list for now:

Done:
R&G Tidy Tail
R&G Bar End Sliders
Motovation Frame Sliders
eBay Bar End Mirrors
Two Brother's M2 VALE slip-on
Removed Front/Rear fenders to be "Butt Nekkid"
R&G Radiator Guard
Pazzo Shorty Levers (Black w/ Gold Adjusters)

Pending:
FZ-8 Flyscreen (uninstalled)
R&G Case Sliders (uninstalled)
R&G Rear Hugger Fender (uninstalled)

Future:
Double PIAA-style Headlight Assy
Turn Signals (debating LED strips or integrated)
Gold Wheels (preferably the stockers from Europe)
Who knows!

Almost everything was ordered from SoloMotoParts.com except the exhaust and new footrest (not really a mod) were both ordered from KneeDraggers.com

Last edited:

djcecil

not that it helps but my lowside had the bike catch the front tire and slide across headlight and flyscreen, signals mirrors, levers all fine, just had to order a new frame slider and have some scrapes on platic bits. same day frame slider was to show the bike was not quite on it's stand when i let go and slider free side broken mirror, lever, gear shift lever bent to hell. like getting grounded and having to put stock parts back on

mano1192

Haha yea alot of guys go down in the switchbacks, you really gotta carve those bad boys. Ive dragged peg there a couple times on the uphill turns where the suspension is fully loaded. Its a awesome place to ride. Hope you had your gear on.... or are you yet another SQUID! :p

yessir, right where it gets tighter just about halfway through I think. I still want to go back out there again, but I can definitely say I'm not fond of the road surface there.

casefc3s

lol, yeah, I was wearing my gear. I don't have full leathers nor was I even going fast really, but I had my jacket, gloves, helmet, and jeans. the jeans got shredded into shorts, knuckles on the gloves crushed, helmet smashed, but the jacket only got a little scuffed up. I did manage to break my ring finger on my right hand tho, lol. I do want to try out some different tires, I wouldn't mind getting a softer compound that would need to be replaced every 8-16k miles instead of the stockers, they just aren't what I would want them to be, but I also run the softest street-legal tires on my cars.

Speedo007

Try the Michelin Pilot Road 2. I put about 12000km on the rear tire and Im an aggressive rider (and could have squeezed maybe 2000km more out of it had it not been from the cuts made by rear wheel spinning in sharp gravel) The front tire is at 14000km and I can't imagine having to change it before 20000km. They wear even, no flat spots, and they grip superbly, wet or dry.

lothodon

Super Moderator
as for the rims, get on the fz1 forums as you might find someone interested in black rims. even with shipping a swap would be WELL worth it.