Canada-friendly sites for parts/mods?

Emohawk

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can comment on online sites that ship to Canada - experiences, rates, etc. I'd like to make a few minor mods to my Fazer (fender eliminator, sliders, taller/wider windscreen for touring).

I did check out Pure Performance Cycles, but when you change your shipping address to Canada, the "state" drop-down disappears so the shipping address doesn't have a province. I thought that was kinda odd so I backed out of it.

Thanks,
Darrin

bobbyb

Darrin
I live in a USA/ Canada border town so I have most of my stuff shipped to the US. I drive 10 minutes to get it. No duty now just taxes like we have .Some seller will ship to canada but watch the shipping costs.
B

V

Vapordan

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ usually has some good prices but they're in quebec. Outside of that, I go the cheapest place that will ship to Canada. Got no allegiance. Also, when I have time, I add stuff to my cart and let it sit there for a couple of days. Usually, a coupon appears via email 'encouraging' me to check-out'. Works for most online vendors. Also don't be afraid to send customer support the SKU and ask for discounted price. I've never ever had an online merchant turn down a request. Surprisingly, I also found my dealer to be extremely competitive with online prices, so never discount that avenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harrywz

Motorcycle Helmets and Superstore - Gear, Parts, and Accessories - Canada's Motorcycle usually has some good prices but they're in quebec. Outside of that, I go the cheapest place that will ship to Canada. Got no allegiance. Also, when I have time, I add stuff to my cart and let it sit there for a couple of days. Usually, a coupon appears via email 'encouraging' me to check-out'. Works for most online vendors. Also don't be afraid to send customer support the SKU and ask for discounted price. I've never ever had an online merchant turn down a request. Surprisingly, I also found my dealer to be extremely competitive with online prices, so never discount that avenue.

I've been buying from ebay.ca Yes, u have to watch the shipping charges and the methods of shipping. You have to bend over for UPS brokerage charges, they are really high. I get most stuff sent USPS and only the odd time do I get charged HST, most of the stuff gets dropped off at my door. I'm about 45 minutes to Ogdensburg NY but by the time you ads up gas, toll for bridges and my time, u end up saving very little having it shipped to the UPS store.

If you go into a bike shop at home, theres 3 major catalogs, Parts Canada, Motovan and I forget the 3rd but all the prices are about the same and the selection just isn't the same as stateside. There is one other site, almost overlooked but 3xWDOTbluestreakracingDOTca. I have the Fazer 8 but most of the stuff work for the FZ8, only difference is the windshield and fairing.

Last edited:

Emohawk

If you go into a bike shop at home, theres 3 major catalogs, Parts Canada, Motovan and I forget the 3rd but all the prices are about the same and the selection just isn't the same as stateside. There is one other site, almost overlooked but 3xWDOTbluestreakracingDOTca. I have the Fazer 8 but most of the stuff work for the FZ8, only difference is the windshield and fairing.

I know about the catalogs, but you're right...the selection just isn't there. Even on listed items I've had local dealers tell me they probably couldn't get it, and even if they could they couldn't give me a timeline. With my old Ninja 650R I ended up ordering from the US & had no issues (Ninja650shop.com & Blueridgeperformance.net). Just wondering if there's a site or sites that are equally easy to deal with for the Fazer/FZ8.

Speedo007

bluestreakracing.ca are also worth a try. They don't have tons of stuff on their site but can usually get it for you if you call.

naked_1_FZ8

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can comment on online sites that ship to Canada - experiences, rates, etc. I'd like to make a few minor mods to my Fazer (fender eliminator, sliders, taller/wider windscreen for touring).

I did check out Pure Performance Cycles, but when you change your shipping address to Canada, the "state" drop-down disappears so the shipping address doesn't have a province. I thought that was kinda odd so I backed out of it.

Thanks,
Darrin

I get alot of my stuff from Bayside Performance. Good prices comparable to the U.S.

Bayside Performance, Canadian Source for 98-2010 Motorcycle Parts, Sportbike Accessories And Apparel

RnR

bluestreakracing.ca are also worth a try. They don't have tons of stuff on their site but can usually get it for you if you call.

Thanks for the link Speedo. I've been reading the exhaust threads and ordered a slip-on from BlueStreakRacing. Talked to Tony. Really nice guy, quick and helpful. Prices are really good too. It was free shipping for Ottawa. They are near Woodstock ON.

BTW I couldn't find what I was looking for on their site so I dropped an email.